Bullnose Forums

Truck Names

I jokingly refer to my 81 as "The Deuce", for two reasons. One, it is my second truck (never had two before at one time), the first one being an '06 F150. Second, because it looks like, well, you get the idea.

I really dig that name! Your truck also has a KILLER theme song:

I jokingly refer to my 81 as "The Deuce", for two reasons. One, it is my second truck (never had two before at one time), the first one being an '06 F150. Second, because it looks like, well, you get the idea.

I call mine Frankenstein because it is put together with misc. parts. Not very original but hey I'm not that original anyway, just old.

I call mine Frankenstein because it is put together with misc. parts. Not very original but hey I'm not that original anyway, just old.

The only vehicle that ever had a name and really stuck was the 82 F250 we used on the farm. "M4C" after our family farm McCarty Creek Cattle Company.

Otherwise it's pretty much: the tan truck, grandpa's truck, the red dually, the white dually, the new truck, the 1 ton, etc

I could say I've named my trucks by the town where I bought them but those only really get used here.

Good thread idea - neat to read the stories behind the names

My dear wife named mine the Blue Pill Express. No not THAT blue pill ... the other blue pill... Aleve.

Because I take a pill before working on it and afterwards. Plus it’s the same shade of blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucille is a looker! The truck is nice too! :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I bought my truck from a good friend's mother after she was widowed. They lived on a farm in Mississippi and he used it on the farm only -- it hadn't been registered or used on a public roadway for years. (The passenger door had a large oil-can dent from when a cow had leaned against it.) When his father put HUGE Maxxis Mudder tires on it my friend and his buddies nicknamed it "Feets", so Feets it is.

Mark

• 8 months later...

I'm into blues so I was looking for something like that. Wife had a Tuscon we called Delta becuse we would go to Clarksdale MS for Delta blues every year. Thought about Delta II. Then we were joking one night and decided Walter would be fun because our daughter names everything with older names. She had cats named Gerald and Cecil.

Walter seems like an older gent's name (I had a great uncle Walter), and the truck seems to be an older gent. But if he tells me different, we will do that. I sometimes feel like I should be wearing a fedora like older men wear to drive to church. That's about all I see driving the few bulls left around here. I've also called it "You big blue POJ/C/S" Junk/Crap/s - well you get the idea.

I have a 2020 Hyundai Kona that the wife named Zippy because it zips around everywhere I go. Anytime I do something quick in it, she calls it a "Zippy squirt". Silly name, but that's fine with me.

It doesn't have to have a name to me. Wife likes a name for the cars. She calls her Sante Fe "Classy" because she feels it's very nice (it is). I call it "Bread truck" because it feels like I'm driving a bread truck compared to my little Kona.

Funny, I've never been big on naming my vehicles but others of my family will periodically attach a name to something. Sometimes it sticks other times it doesn't.

When I first brought home my '85 my wife started calling it "Old Irish" because it reminded her of her old Uncle Irish's truck, but it didn't really take. We just call it "the truck" because our other vehicle isn't a truck.

But then I brought home a project-worthy '82. When my son came out to have a look at it he named it "the Beige Beast" because of it's faded beige paint job (complete with lichen patches), 35" inch tires and old-school halogen light bar, all of which gives it a more beastly look than "the truck". That name stuck firmly.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what was that beige-ish color might have been called when new (I'm assuming it's original)?

I've never been big on naming vehicles, my Suzuki Samurai is just the Samurai, my wifes Kia is the Kia, my Dart is the Dart. For some reason we named the truck. My wife and I are horror movie fans and the fabric I chose to replace the headliner is the same pattern as the carpet in the movie The Shining so we went with Redrum. We'll see if it sticks.