Bullnose Forums

Unusual "Custom Cab" emblem

Dulled a bit, but not faded. Have never seen one of those. Probably one of these:

That *is* unusual. I have never seen one of those before.

C1TZ indicates a part number from the 1960s. No way that is the correct part number. That emblem is clearly from the 1980s. The part number should start with the letter "E."

That *is* unusual. I have never seen one of those before.

C1TZ indicates a part number from the 1960s. No way that is the correct part number. That emblem is clearly from the 1980s. The part number should start with the letter "E."

Yep, C1 indicates that it was first used in 1961. But, they used many things for decades after they were first introduced, and in this case an emblem that was first used in '61 was used apparently through '89, which is the end of that heavy truck catalog.

Yep, C1 indicates that it was first used in 1961. But, they used many things for decades after they were first introduced, and in this case an emblem that was first used in '61 was used apparently through '89, which is the end of that heavy truck catalog.

Hmmm? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Ford-CUSTOM-CAB-Plastic-Emblem-GREAT-RED-COLOR-w-Pins/372186942102?hash=item56a8120a96:g:JygAAOSwlzRaUWbZ&vxp=mtr

David has pointed out, very politely, that I completely missed the ID # on the back of the first emblem: E0TB 10280C82 A. Guilty. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So, the part number should, indeed, start with E0TZ. Apologies, Rick. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, basic number "10280C82" does not exist in the parts catalog that I can find. Nor do the words "Custom" and "Cab" occur back to back in there. And, there is no mention of such a name plate. :nabble_anim_confused:

David has pointed out, very politely, that I completely missed the ID # on the back of the first emblem: E0TB 10280C82 A. Guilty. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So, the part number should, indeed, start with E0TZ. Apologies, Rick. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, basic number "10280C82" does not exist in the parts catalog that I can find. Nor do the words "Custom" and "Cab" occur back to back in there. And, there is no mention of such a name plate. :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary I will check my medium duty brochure when I get the chance to see if it appears on any of the trucks shown there. One thing I find interesting is that the custom cab trim level that included the brushed aluminum bezels and door panels started in '81 as all the silver trim part numbers start with E1, not E0. Evidently there must have been a custom cab in 1980 that did not have those.

Gary I will check my medium duty brochure when I get the chance to see if it appears on any of the trucks shown there. One thing I find interesting is that the custom cab trim level that included the brushed aluminum bezels and door panels started in '81 as all the silver trim part numbers start with E1, not E0. Evidently there must have been a custom cab in 1980 that did not have those.

I looked at my medium duty 1981 brochure and I cannot see any such emblem in any of the pictures. For whatever that means....

Just a thought... Could this be Latin American badge?

I'll bet that's what it is. But I have no way to verify that. Unless, of course, I get close to one of the rare Bullnoses I see when we are in Nicaragua. However, the Sandinistas overthrew the Somozan government in 1979 and were in power until 1990. We sided with Somoza and American vehicles quit being imported. So there are very, very few Bullnose trucks there, and the few that are may have been brought in by someone from the States.

So, it is unlikely that I'll find one, but I'll look.