Bullnose Forums

86 Ford F150 bullnose wiring problems / conversion questions

I have a 1986 Ford F150 XLT Lariat 5.0 EFI Windsor I'm converting to a 351 Windsor out of a 1994 F250 I'm also converting the transmission from an aod e4OD electronic transmission I was originally planning on using the wiring harness from the 1994 until I realized that was a freaking mess so I have come to the conclusion if anybody has a wiring harness for a 1986 F150 5.0 EFI I'd be very interested if it's in great shape need a new wiring harness on buying a standalone transmission controller to control the e4od

Welcome to the forum. But you were asked to go to the New Members Start Here folder to do your first post. That's because that is where the guidelines are and we want to make sure you have had an opportunity to read them because you will be held to them.

So, can you assure me that you've read them?

Next, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and if we had a city or a zip we'd add you.

And, I'm not sure I understand your post. I think you are saying you are looking for an '86 5.0L EFI harness and a standalone controller for the E4OD. Is that right? But the "aod" part lost me.

If so, which harness are you looking for? There are quite a few harnii in a truck, and for the most part they are the same regardless of engine. So is it the engine harness?

On the E4OD controller, the diesel trucks had a standalone controller for the E4OD. None of the gas trucks did. But it isn't likely anyone here will have one as this is a Bullnose forum and the E4 came out after our time. However, it won't hurt to ask.

Welcome to the forum. But you were asked to go to the New Members Start Here folder to do your first post. That's because that is where the guidelines are and we want to make sure you have had an opportunity to read them because you will be held to them.

So, can you assure me that you've read them?

Next, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and if we had a city or a zip we'd add you.

And, I'm not sure I understand your post. I think you are saying you are looking for an '86 5.0L EFI harness and a standalone controller for the E4OD. Is that right? But the "aod" part lost me.

If so, which harness are you looking for? There are quite a few harnii in a truck, and for the most part they are the same regardless of engine. So is it the engine harness?

On the E4OD controller, the diesel trucks had a standalone controller for the E4OD. None of the gas trucks did. But it isn't likely anyone here will have one as this is a Bullnose forum and the E4 came out after our time. However, it won't hurt to ask.

Yes i read the form

i am from Sheridan wy usa

I need a engine wiring harness for a 86 5.0 efi

I have 2 of them I think, left over from my son's 1986 F150. I picked them up as spares as he thought he had a wiring issue, it was an aftermarket part issue.

There are going to be different wire harness from 86 to 94, the trucks were changed in 87, then again in 92, so my question to you is, exactly what are you looking for? going from a 302 to 351 should be no problem other then the possibility of the fuel injection. Not really sure what your question is

I have 2 of them I think, left over from my son's 1986 F150. I picked them up as spares as he thought he had a wiring issue, it was an aftermarket part issue.

Are they in good shape and how much do you want for one

There are going to be different wire harness from 86 to 94, the trucks were changed in 87, then again in 92, so my question to you is, exactly what are you looking for? going from a 302 to 351 should be no problem other then the possibility of the fuel injection. Not really sure what your question is

So I'm doing fuel injection from a 302 EFI to a 351 EFI the 302 is the stock motor in the 1986 F150 the 351 is a stock motor from a 1994 F250 I want to keep the EFI I don't like carburetors that much but I also think I'm in over my head on swapping the wiring harness from the 1994 into my 1986 cuz they're so freaking different there's so many different things that have to chain splice cut and dice I was hoping to use my 86 wiring harness I just need to find a ECM that will run that's 94 351 using my 1986 wiring harness

I will have to get them out of the box they are in. There are two harnesses on the 1985/86 EFI one goes through the firewall grommet and the other is pretty much the engine portion.

The wireing from the 86 to the 94 is totally different everywhere. In the 86, there is a central wire harness with many outrigger harness's. As things were added to the truck over the years, Ford just added pigtails to the wireing for the associated equipment. In 87 when they redesigned, the wire harness became more central with far less outrigger harness's. We are in the process of making new harness's for our 86. Ill ask Nick what is involved in this and get back to you on what options you have. We discussed this last night. The ignition wires in our 86 are very bad and he is having trouble with certain voltages to the carburetor's float bowl purge solenoid. I ask him if we can use the wireing out of the 88 parts truck and this is when he explained to me about the wire differences.. for now, can you answer this. Do you have the fuel injection computer from the 94?