Bullnose Forum

Adding a detached workshop.

Danny G

12 x 16.

Roof will be skillion with 12 ft of ceiling on the high side and 8 feet on the low side(4x12 pitch). We may be shifting the footprint a bit to a 10x18 depending on how the layout fits with the house/garage. The goal is to not be visible from the street. In that case it will shift to nearly a 5x12 pitch. This style will direct the water away from the house/foundation.

I ordered a cement mixer today as we are doing other projects that need lots of mixing (floor leveler, paths, and other pads) so we may actually just drop a concrete pad for this one.

I got $10 that says that after one year you'll wished you'd gone bigger....lol!!!

• 1 month later...

I got $10 that says that after one year you'll wished you'd gone bigger....lol!!!

True, I think that happens alot with many different items.

With that said, HF has those air dryers Gary had mentioned earlier. I have one on the docket. We are almost done with the down stairs floor. We have been struggling with the massive amounts of glue, and grinding the concrete, but are close.

When that is done I will be pouring the pad for the shop. That should be happening by the end of the month.

True, I think that happens alot with many different items.

With that said, HF has those air dryers Gary had mentioned earlier. I have one on the docket. We are almost done with the down stairs floor. We have been struggling with the massive amounts of glue, and grinding the concrete, but are close.

When that is done I will be pouring the pad for the shop. That should be happening by the end of the month.

Exciting times!!! I remember pouring the slab for the shop. Man, that was WORK! But it was also exciting.

Exciting times!!! I remember pouring the slab for the shop. Man, that was WORK! But it was also exciting.

Yes it is. My future brother in law and his father are general contractors. I am going to proposition him this week to give me a quote on blowing out the back of my garage to the same length as were the shed would be. This would give me one large connected space.

• 2 years later...

Between more kids and COVID we ended up pouring a foundation last year and have a hurricane rated metal building 14x16 with 12' sidewalls. I goofed though and in my haste on the blueprint centered th back garage door instead of offset it. We were going to put a door in the back of the garage which lines up with the shop so we could basically drive right through.

Screenshot_20230702_014143_Chrome_Canary.thumb.jpg.eb0f21b45410e6c54ef292ce023ae694.jpg