Bullnose Forums

Top End Performance and Maintenance

I should have written my response differently. Yes, I know my truck is EFI. What I was trying to say was I should've looked a little harder at the carburated options before jumping on the EFI......that being said, it was a bit of a 911 purchase due to my F-250 being out of commission and only having a few days to find something to get to work with.

Still learning these older models, but starting to get the hang of how they made things work. If I didn't have to worry about emissions, things would certainly be much easier....:nabble_anim_crazy:

Yes, and the other problem, 1985.5-1986 5.0L system is all by itself and has a number of unique to those years items. (a) two solenoid valves, vacuum and vent for the EGR, (b) a TPS setting that is extremely sensitive to voltage, © no vehicle speed input to the EEC, (d) non-heated O2 sensor in the rear of the right exhaust manifold, (e) system ground is a single two pin plug next to the battery where it corrodes.

EEC itself is wired differently due to some of the differences between it and later models. Some of the items carried over into 1987-89, primarily the fuel system, in-tank low pressure and frame mounted high pressure pump with a reservoir that also provides tank switching for dual tanks.