Bullnose Forums

Factory Radio restoration and Modification by Nick

Rembrant. we dont have a cost yet. Nick is still working that out. when you do get a radio. what would you be interested in? just bluetooth and thats it, or bluetooth and a upgraded radio?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "upgraded" radio? To be honest, I don't really listen to the radio much anymore. I've been listening to Podcasts for years now (From my iPhone, via Bluetooth). However, I guess I would like the option of using the radio from time to time.

If I go looking for a used radio, what is the best one to upgrade? Just curious.

Rembrant. What kind of radio bezel do you have in your truck. Do you have the din style like I have, or do you have the one with the knobs on either side of the radio? Sounds like you just want a factory stereo with bluetooth?

Rembrant. What kind of radio bezel do you have in your truck. Do you have the din style like I have, or do you have the one with the knobs on either side of the radio? Sounds like you just want a factory stereo with bluetooth?

The truck in question is a 1980, and if I have my way I will find an early black bezel for it, which will have the old style radio with two knobs. Going to look for a radio in the coming weeks. A friend of mine has a bunch of these trunks in his junkyard.

The truck in question is a 1980, and if I have my way I will find an early black bezel for it, which will have the old style radio with two knobs. Going to look for a radio in the coming weeks. A friend of mine has a bunch of these trunks in his junkyard.

Cory - If several radios are available you might get more than one, assuming the price is reasonable.

Cory - If several radios are available you might get more than one, assuming the price is reasonable.

Cory, if you have access to radio's, you may want to get as many as you can of those style, in particular if there are any with cassette. These radios are becoming worth more and more money as time goes by

• 2 weeks later...

Nick and I are discussing that right now. In the meantime, we need donor radio's Just AM-FM with no tape. we need some donor radio's in order to prototype , they need not work. if anybody knows of any, please let me know.

Not a "donor", but reasonably priced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1984-FORD-TRUCK-STEREO/264888406018?hash=item3dac945002:g:Ob4AAOSwW15fe1dh

Nick and I are discussing that right now. In the meantime, we need donor radio's Just AM-FM with no tape. we need some donor radio's in order to prototype , they need not work. if anybody knows of any, please let me know.

Not a "donor", but reasonably priced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1984-FORD-TRUCK-STEREO/264888406018?hash=item3dac945002:g:Ob4AAOSwW15fe1dh

Thats not a bad price, i'm going to watch it. Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hello, I’ve been wanting to restore my 1986 factory cassette deck. I’ve looked online a few years back and found a couple places that do restorations.

Unfortunately they wanted more than I can afford to pay to restore an old stereo.

I was wondering if you know of any circuit board maps or anything that would help me do this myself.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to be adding to an old thread, but couldn't get the email function to work. I have the same radio as 66gtk and it's having issues with the cassette player, am function, and the preset buttons. Any chance that Nick could repair my radio? Just want it to work correctly again. Thanks