Bullnose Forums

85 F150 302 EFI upgrade/aftermarket modification

71_badmach

Throttle cable linkages. Relative to Rusty's discussion on his Sniper build, since I've got the original EFI throttle cable and AOD kickdown cable, I'll have to go aftermarket here. The angle from the firewall to the throttle body is a short run. Probably going to go with an aftermarket bracket on the intake manifold to accept the cable attachments.

Well, I've been away awhile. Found myself back on the site looking for AC information, and of course found a wealth of info from you guys. My project is currently waiting for an electronic transmission install. Sort of a long story, but shorter version is I ran into a wiring headscratchers for awhile and was trying to get reliable starts while buttoning up other areas. Got that sorted out eventually and ran into an issue with my non-electronic AOD transmission using the new aftermarket line-pressure cable setup. We could not get the line pressure set within spec.

After consideration of parts obsolescence with the AODs, and unsure of the condition of a seemingly original tranmission, I decided to go with a remanufactured AODE/4R75W and standalone transmission controller. It's only money...

Haven't got the later model transmission installed yet, waiting on availability. In the meantime, I began researching what it'll take to restore/modify the AC components. My pulley package came with a one wire Sanden peanut compressor. I will likely go with custom hoses since the bracket moved the compressor over to the passenger side.

Well, I've been away awhile. Found myself back on the site looking for AC information, and of course found a wealth of info from you guys. My project is currently waiting for an electronic transmission install. Sort of a long story, but shorter version is I ran into a wiring headscratchers for awhile and was trying to get reliable starts while buttoning up other areas. Got that sorted out eventually and ran into an issue with my non-electronic AOD transmission using the new aftermarket line-pressure cable setup. We could not get the line pressure set within spec.

After consideration of parts obsolescence with the AODs, and unsure of the condition of a seemingly original tranmission, I decided to go with a remanufactured AODE/4R75W and standalone transmission controller. It's only money...

Haven't got the later model transmission installed yet, waiting on availability. In the meantime, I began researching what it'll take to restore/modify the AC components. My pulley package came with a one wire Sanden peanut compressor. I will likely go with custom hoses since the bracket moved the compressor over to the passenger side.

The AOD is apparently an ok transmission if is everything is "right". But if anything is "wrong" then you have problems. Hopefully your new tranny will fix the problems. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the A/C system, a lot of people have had fits finding exactly the right hoses, so having them made is a reasonable approach.

Anyway, it sounds like you are making progress. Please keep us updated.