Bullnose Forums

AFR Meter Reccommendations

Bruno2

Bill - Got the data log, thanks. I have some questions but will ask them under separate cover.

As for the plenum, guess I'll ship yours in a different box. :nabble_smiley_sad:

As for the plenum itself, you said it was stripped out, but apparently the USPS ran bolts in and then twisted them off. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Seriously though, now I understand why you wanted another one. When you said a bolt hole was stripped out I thought it would be cheaper to helicoil it than ship it two times. But, getting those things out of aluminium wouldn't be easy.

I'm thinking I'll hacksaw the bulk of that part of the casting off, do a bit of milling, and then round the corners w/a flap wheel. And, while I see what you mean about running a tap deeper and blocking the whole thing off with a plug in the back, I think I want to tap and plug the side hole as well just for to make it look better.

Thoughts?

I said it had broken bolts in it that would need to be drilled out in order to use it. For your use, since you are going to cut the EGR flange off anyway, it won't matter.

You could tap the hole and use it for a vacuum source.

I said it had broken bolts in it that would need to be drilled out in order to use it. For your use, since you are going to cut the EGR flange off anyway, it won't matter.

You could tap the hole and use it for a vacuum source.

Guess I misunderstood. No, it doesn't matter to me.

Is the one I'm sending back truly a spare? Or, will you be using it on Darth? Just wondering about cleaning it up. It isn't any worse than the one you sent, but ......

Guess I misunderstood. No, it doesn't matter to me.

Is the one I'm sending back truly a spare? Or, will you be using it on Darth? Just wondering about cleaning it up. It isn't any worse than the one you sent, but ......

If you have time to blast it, I will use it and keep another for a spare. I need to clean up my Saginaw mount though so I can see if I can find a hose that will work.

If you have time to blast it, I will use it and keep another for a spare. I need to clean up my Saginaw mount though so I can see if I can find a hose that will work.

When do you need it? I'm trying to get Huck out of the shop and off to the scrap metal place, so can't blast it right now. But can in a few days.

• 1 year later...

I bought this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-30-0300-X-Series-Wideband-Gauge-AFR-O2-UEGO-Air-Fuel-Ratio-2-1-16-NEW-MODEL/172533722726?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I just couldnt make myself go with Innovate after what has been said about their customer service. Nobody should have 3 pages of 1 star reviews on a platform as big as Amazon. The "care" factor just isnt present. Anybody that cares about their business, customers and product line should have gotten in front of that a long time ago. Some other forums and automotive publications gave their products good reviews. However , AEM has good ones too. I guess only time will tell if I made a sound decision or not, but this model is noted to have the quickest register time.

Hey Bruno,

Any reviews good or bad a year later?

I want to check my AFR in the near future, so I'm looking for AFR meter recommendations to save in My Ebay;).

• 2 weeks later...

The AEM (30-4110) UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge is basically the one I have...

Ok, so I just ordered this same AEM O2 sensor/gauge kit. The cheaper kit of the bunch should be fine for what I'm doing.

If I can't get this carb tuned the way I want it the truck will be getting an EFI swap pronto!!:nabble_smiley_grin:

I need to start another thread on carb/AFR tuning....

The AEM (30-4110) UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge is basically the one I have...

Ok, so I just ordered this same AEM O2 sensor/gauge kit. The cheaper kit of the bunch should be fine for what I'm doing.

If I can't get this carb tuned the way I want it the truck will be getting an EFI swap pronto!!:nabble_smiley_grin:

I need to start another thread on carb/AFR tuning....

Cool! Do you have bungs in your exhaust?

Cool! Do you have bungs in your exhaust?

I have one bung only on the RH exhaust bank, just down a bit from the shorty header. I asked them to install this when I had the dual exhaust installed, but I didn't give them any instructions other than I needed a bung for later.

Hopefully it does the trick for some basic testing?

I need to start another thread on tuning as I'm having some issues and I'm starting to get confident that they're fuel related.

Anyway, I picked up an O2 sensor thread chaser this morning and a new plug since the old one was very hard coming out a ruined the threads (on the plug, not in the bung hopefully).