Bullnose Forums

Bolt Needed

I just buy 10's at random and always paint them bright colors.

Must have a dozen now, but don't know where they are?!? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Oh that's right, they're all back in Connecticut, with the rest of my tools and parts! 😖

Didn't find the 10mm sockets, plural, but did sort the panhard rod bolt issue. Turns out that a 9/16" bolt is essentially perfect for the panhard rod ends. So I ordered a 17-pack of 9/16-12 x 3 1/2" from Amazon for $10.84.

Here are the measurements:

14mm: .490" shank but .540" shoulder & threads

9/16": .560" shank & threads

Frame bracket: .560"

Axle bracket: .570"

Ford rod: .565"

Sky rod: .590"

Didn't find the 10mm sockets, plural, but did sort the panhard rod bolt issue. Turns out that a 9/16" bolt is essentially perfect for the panhard rod ends. So I ordered a 17-pack of 9/16-12 x 3 1/2" from Amazon for $10.84.

Here are the measurements:

14mm: .490" shank but .540" shoulder & threads

9/16": .560" shank & threads

Frame bracket: .560"

Axle bracket: .570"

Ford rod: .565"

Sky rod: .590"

So I don't need to go into the giant Ez-Bake oven and search through my > 12mm bolts.

So I don't need to go into the giant Ez-Bake oven and search through my > 12mm bolts.

No, you don't. But thanks anyway. :nabble_smiley_good:

Actually the 9/16" bolts will be a much tighter fit than the 14mm. I have two 9/16 x 4 1/2" bolts and confirmed that they will fit. But they are too long and there's no way I want to cut and thread G8's.

I included the link as I found Amazon's site to be awful when trying to filter and get down to those bolts. I did a Google search for "9/16-12 x 3 1/2" and there they were. :nabble_smiley_cry:

No, you don't. But thanks anyway. :nabble_smiley_good:

Actually the 9/16" bolts will be a much tighter fit than the 14mm. I have two 9/16 x 4 1/2" bolts and confirmed that they will fit. But they are too long and there's no way I want to cut and thread G8's.

I included the link as I found Amazon's site to be awful when trying to filter and get down to those bolts. I did a Google search for "9/16-12 x 3 1/2" and there they were. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Don't you just love that our trucks have a combination of metric and standard hardware? An early attempt to be like the rest of the world...lol!