Bullnose Forums

85 F150 EFI midship tank photos

IMG_0600.jpg.d8a274932e3bff30c856f130da570390.jpg

Attempting my first photo upload... My photo skills have not been the greatest, but I thought a picture of the top of the sending unit on the 85-86 mid-ship fuel tank for a fuel injected 302 might be helpful to others who haven't yet got the tank dropped or bed removed. I was about to ask for documentation help for the wiring diagrams, but I found the excellent resource here under http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/fuel-system-wiring.html.

My truck has only the one tank, so I don't have the complexity of the fuel selector switch. So far, I have removed the in-tank pump and replaced with a 255lph Walboro one. Didn't think to get pictures until after I put it back in the tank, but I was able to install in place of the stock pump, just had to shorten the fuel hard line some as the new pump is taller. The new pump came with a pigtail that I spliced into the existing wiring in tank.

In the picture, the 4 pin connector is the stock setup for my 1985. My "B" and "R" over the pins are the wire colors for the pump connection in the tank. They correspond to Orange and Pink/Gray hashed (literature says black hashed) wires in the harness shown. Yellow and Black are for the fuel gauge sending unit.

Plan is to use RussellIMG_0599.jpg.eaac723b332cb9bf640bd973d18accc0.jpg fuel line to -6AN fittings for the fuel line connections up to the new EFI. I've removed the frame mounted pump and sump/reservoir.

Nicely done, but a word of warning, those fuel lines are not like the old rubber lines, they do not take being clamped off very well, they are nylon which can take a set or crack when squeezed together like that.

Thanks Bill, I will be replacing those and just clamped for less fumes in the garage. The Russell fittings will replace the nylon push on ones, and allow for -6AN braided fuel hose up to the manifold, and for the return line.

I'll also plumb in a in-line fuel filter and regulator. Plan to take photos as I go.

Thanks Bill, I will be replacing those and just clamped for less fumes in the garage. The Russell fittings will replace the nylon push on ones, and allow for -6AN braided fuel hose up to the manifold, and for the return line.

I'll also plumb in a in-line fuel filter and regulator. Plan to take photos as I go.

Yes, well done. Please take lots of pics!

Are you adding a fuel schrader valve in-line somewhere for future pressure checks ?

I'll be using an adjustable fuel regulator with a gauge underhood. The ProFlo 4 is somewhat "tunable" for fuel pressure depending on what your engine is setup for, stock, or hotter cam etc.

I'll be using an adjustable fuel regulator with a gauge underhood. The ProFlo 4 is somewhat "tunable" for fuel pressure depending on what your engine is setup for, stock, or hotter cam etc.

That will be nice.

Are you leaving the stock regulator in place as well, or have you replaced the fuel rail set-up ?

That will be nice.

Are you leaving the stock regulator in place as well, or have you replaced the fuel rail set-up ?

The Edelbrock ProFlo4 comes assembled with injectors and fuel rails on the intake manifold. I replaced all the original EFI components. I'll start a new thread with some pictures of the setup to keep the all modifications in the same place.

I wanted to share the tank sender pictures for the EFI tank setup since I didn't know exactly what I would find before removing the bed.

The Edelbrock ProFlo4 comes assembled with injectors and fuel rails on the intake manifold. I replaced all the original EFI components. I'll start a new thread with some pictures of the setup to keep the all modifications in the same place.

I wanted to share the tank sender pictures for the EFI tank setup since I didn't know exactly what I would find before removing the bed.

I recommend going with Earls fittings they got some nice black quick disconnect youll need a 5/16" quick disconnect for the return and a 3/8" quick disconnect for the pressure side. They have them both 5/16" quick disconnect to -6AN as well as 3/8" quick disconnect to -6AN.

I also have a male 3/8" quick disconnect barb to -6AN for use with the late model Corvette fuel filter I am going to run with the built in 60 psi fuel pressure regulator.

Hose wise I strongly recommend Earls Vapor Guard, you will need Vapor Guard hose ends and fuel injection hose clamps but these hoses are great as they have a barrier to help reduce vapor leak through the hose itself compared to traditional hoses.

I see, you have been busy.......