Bullnose Forums

Opinions Please

I'm not sure what brand the running boards are, they came with the truck as did the bed liner. the only problem we ever had was rusted bolts on the brace that goes under.

Only reason I know what mine are is they say it on them. They are extruded aluminum and the bolts slide into the slots. Two big flattened Z shape supports from the rocker panel lip down and three braces under the cab then a rear support and the splash guard at the front. When I redid the supports DeeZee sold me a crew cab installation kit so I was able to replace the rusted supports. I went to Fastenal and bought a load of CRES bolts, nuts and lockwashers then used plenty of antiseize on the bolts.

Only reason I know what mine are is they say it on them. They are extruded aluminum and the bolts slide into the slots. Two big flattened Z shape supports from the rocker panel lip down and three braces under the cab then a rear support and the splash guard at the front. When I redid the supports DeeZee sold me a crew cab installation kit so I was able to replace the rusted supports. I went to Fastenal and bought a load of CRES bolts, nuts and lockwashers then used plenty of antiseize on the bolts.

sounds like ours, but it dosent say it on them. Maybe they made them for Ford. Our truck is a special edition truck its an 86 1/2 it was originally Baby Blue with the Z vector stripes. It was a military truck decked out. Black front and black bumpers, black mirrors, those running boards and a bed liner.

sounds like ours, but it dosent say it on them. Maybe they made them for Ford. Our truck is a special edition truck its an 86 1/2 it was originally Baby Blue with the Z vector stripes. It was a military truck decked out. Black front and black bumpers, black mirrors, those running boards and a bed liner.

Mine was done in Suffolk VA for the original owner, Del-Mar Stables so I would imagine they put them on along with replacing the front bench seat with a pair of Pyramid ones and adding a storage console between them. FWIW, both front seats leaned outboard toward the doors.

I have pictures I took underneath when I was repairing the mounts with my "almost" granddaughter, she was 14 at the time and had a ball helping.

Mine was done in Suffolk VA for the original owner, Del-Mar Stables so I would imagine they put them on along with replacing the front bench seat with a pair of Pyramid ones and adding a storage console between them. FWIW, both front seats leaned outboard toward the doors.

I have pictures I took underneath when I was repairing the mounts with my "almost" granddaughter, she was 14 at the time and had a ball helping.

Love to see them

Love to see them

Ok, here they are:

Right side cab board

130_copy.thumb.jpg.618d964386ba6a4c3bbc2994c1216c5d.jpg

Left side, both cab and bed boards

DSCN0182_copy.thumb.jpg.4cb43a6e4f76b658e836de4c1af74551.jpg

Left side, underneath looking forward from under the bed

DSCN0183_copy.thumb.jpg.3a1372623af3d337fed249f98e83c195.jpg

Left side, looking back toward rear wheels

DSCN0184_copy.thumb.jpg.8575bcf3387ee619085e48eef099380c.jpg

Support tube for rear of bed side boards

IMGP0956.thumb.jpg.33ef8ddeaee4e9e2723fb124a46f69fc.jpg

Right bed side board ready to be reinstalled

DSCN0186_copy.thumb.jpg.7ff26bcd89726cfd0503aa98ff92723b.jpg

Original rear support for left bed side board

IMGP0955.thumb.jpg.5db6d9a45d2485280892aaf037c21bc4.jpg

Mount for rear of left cab side board, rusty piece is from original mounts. This also gives a good view of the extrusion.

IMGP1132.thumb.jpg.edfc17853f75d62f4022d983a795da41.jpg

End cap for boards, rear of cab and front of bed and they are left and right hand to match the respective ends

IMGP1131.thumb.jpg.91af0bcbae3c65cb4f0a2df44b19a04c.jpg

Ok, here they are:

Right side cab board

Left side, both cab and bed boards

Left side, underneath looking forward from under the bed

Left side, looking back toward rear wheels

Support tube for rear of bed side boards

Right bed side board ready to be reinstalled

Original rear support for left bed side board

Mount for rear of left cab side board, rusty piece is from original mounts. This also gives a good view of the extrusion.

End cap for boards, rear of cab and front of bed and they are left and right hand to match the respective ends

they do look alot like the ones on ours, but there are slight differences, but close enough for me to think they made them for ford. Thats a sweet truck

they do look alot like the ones on ours, but there are slight differences, but close enough for me to think they made them for ford. Thats a sweet truck

Thank you, it's a work in progress, right now it's just being used as my Taurus ate it's FS10 compressor and has been sitting until I can at least put the bypass pulley on so it can be driven while I asses the level of contamination in the system.