Bullnose Forums

Opinions Please

Yes, if you are adding a black stripe on the truck, and since there's a black stripe on the running boards, I think the side of the running boards toward the wheels should be black as well.

In my opinion I would not paint the part that is facing towards the tires as it will be taking a beating throwing up water, sand, rocks, and whatever else and will chip the paint and then it will be some painted and some unpainted. That is just the way I look at things like that. If I know it is not going to stay looking all painted then I would rather not have it at all. Just my opinion. Maybe a thin piece if rubber or such affixed to it then it would not chip I could go that.

In my opinion I would not paint the part that is facing towards the tires as it will be taking a beating throwing up water, sand, rocks, and whatever else and will chip the paint and then it will be some painted and some unpainted. That is just the way I look at things like that. If I know it is not going to stay looking all painted then I would rather not have it at all. Just my opinion. Maybe a thin piece if rubber or such affixed to it then it would not chip I could go that.

could paint it black then get one of those clear plastic rock protector films and put over it. Like how the factory does with new trucks they put these clear plastic protector films around the fenders where rocks may hit to protect from chips

could paint it black then get one of those clear plastic rock protector films and put over it. Like how the factory does with new trucks they put these clear plastic protector films around the fenders where rocks may hit to protect from chips

you have a good point. i'm thinking bed liner

I did the one in the back as well. We decided no. it just dosent look right. thanks for the input

Mine are not painted either and have held up quite well for 34 years. Are those DeeZee running boards? They look quite similar to mine.

The only issue I have ever had with my running boards was the braces going from the underside up to the cab rusted out. DeeZee had discontinued the style I have and flat out discontinued the dually bed side ones that flare outward to meet the fenders.

When I replaced the rusted bed, I put a piece of square tube across where the bed side splash guard comes up. The original mounting was a long flat piece bolted to the inner bed wall in the wheel clearance bulge and wasn't real strong. This modification actually save a fender when I blew a tire at 70 mph. It was the left outer dual, left black stripes on the facing running board splash guard was the only sign.

I did the one in the back as well. We decided no. it just dosent look right. thanks for the input

Looks great! I like the idea of a one to two inch tall stripe that runs from the front of the corner marker light straight back to the tail light, right above the body line. Just my two cents.

Are those clear corner marker lenses? If so, where did you get them?

Looks great! I like the idea of a one to two inch tall stripe that runs from the front of the corner marker light straight back to the tail light, right above the body line. Just my two cents.

Are those clear corner marker lenses? If so, where did you get them?

I'm not sure what brand the running boards are, they came with the truck as did the bed liner. the only problem we ever had was rusted bolts on the brace that goes under.