Bullnose Forums

2020 Virtual Truck Show Planning - Input, Please!

Steve - If that's a compliment then I thank you. :nabble_smiley_wink: (One of my father's many sayings, and usually said when it was obvious it wasn't a compliment.)

Ok, been doing some more thinking, as Steve said, and have done the following:

• Gifts: I've contacted both Rock Auto and LMC at this point, with more to follow. And RA has agreed to send me six gift certificates that will go, with the trophies, to the winners of the six classes.

• Show Page: Filled out the page at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show to have a tab for an Overview, one for Entrants where I hope to keep the list up to date, and Polling, which has links to the poll threads - see below

• Entries: Populated the two pages I'd added for Entrant #1 & Entrant #2 to be Dad's Truck and Big Blue, respectively. And, I used them as kind of a template to see what I thought should be said and shown.

However, I'd like y'all to look at see what I forgot. I'm sure I did. And I already know I don't have a pic with me beside either truck, which has been requested.

• Poll Threads: Added a folder in Events called "2020 Virtual Truck Show" - which is locked so only admins can add threads. And, I added a thread for each of the polls so I have a place to put the polls when the time comes. However, all of them are locked save for Best Engine poll as I don't want any comments in there that I'd have to delete when polling opens at midnight CDT on Sept 16th. And the Best Engine poll is only a test to see that I can create as many entries as we may need. But it let me create 101 entries, so hopefully it'll let me create however many we need when the time comes. After all, we have 770 members at present, and some of us have several trucks. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Given that, we are now OPEN FOR BUSINESS. All entries must come to me via email and I'll do my best to get your entry up on its own page ASAP. And if you then want me to tweak something or add new pics you can do that - especially as we get the format nailed down.

So please look things over closely and let me know what needs to change.

Gary, looks good to me, damn, now I'll have to see if I can find the picture Jim took when we met in Delaware of me standing by Darth.

Check out this page: Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show.

Ok folks, I just emailed the first 392 members about the show. (I supposedly can only send 500 emails/24 hour period, so will do this in two goes to get all 772 members.) Hopefully some of y'all will let me know when you get it?

And, as said, you can reply to that email with your show entry.

Ok folks, I just emailed the first 392 members about the show. (I supposedly can only send 500 emails/24 hour period, so will do this in two goes to get all 772 members.) Hopefully some of y'all will let me know when you get it?

And, as said, you can reply to that email with your show entry.

I got it at 8:23 AM Pacific time.