Bullnose Forums

Red, striped and renewed

Here she is! First 24 hours of ownership. It wasn’t without a fight (stalled 2 blocks away from the house), but she’s home. Now to begin the “sitting for 12 years in a garage” rebuild/update process. As you can see she’s in ridiculously nice condition already. Most of the my upgrades will be mechanical, but I do plan on changing the appearance slightly:

79931153-A9FB-4E30-A140-08FAEB41D5B1.jpeg.2da3dcae817b3a4b417899d04f2146c0.jpeg

Steps to salvation:

1. Fix the fuel issue

2. New Tires

3. Upgrade Carb?

4. Replace window seals

5. Rewire headlights

6. Add rollbar (With rear shoulder seatbelt attachment) and softtop

7. Move to the 81 grill

8. Change front bumper to chrome

9. Clear turn lens

10. Upgrade rear bumper and add tire carrier

11. Repair driver seat split seams

And that’s just what I know about. I haven’t even dug into the brakes condition (although they feel pretty good so far). Pretty excited to get this thing going!

That is a REALLY NICE Bronco! You've done well. Chosen wisely. :nabble_anim_claps:

If by "rewire the headlights" you mean you are adding a headlight relay harness, then I'm very much in agreement. These trucks need that in the worst way as the wiring and switches were marginal when new, and they are far from new.

That is a REALLY NICE Bronco! You've done well. Chosen wisely. :nabble_anim_claps:

If by "rewire the headlights" you mean you are adding a headlight relay harness, then I'm very much in agreement. These trucks need that in the worst way as the wiring and switches were marginal when new, and they are far from new.

Thanks Gary! Yep! The relay harness!

I thought I saw a kit somewhere for it that someone was selling but I can’t seem to find it anymore. I’ll probably just collect the pieces according to your documentation.

Thanks Gary! Yep! The relay harness!

I thought I saw a kit somewhere for it that someone was selling but I can’t seem to find it anymore. I’ll probably just collect the pieces according to your documentation.

Both LMC and JBG, as well as many others, sell a plug-in harness. No need for cutting, soldering, etc. That's the way I'd go. There's a discussion about it here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Lighting-tp66231p66674.html