Bullnose Forums

Melted battery terminal??

Wouldn't you know the wife's Audi is in the shop getting AC fixed... Looks like I'm bicycling to autozone in the heat... 😁

Ouch! To both... Cycling in the heat sounds like a terrible idea! How did it go? And Audi in the shop for AC sounds even worse, hopefully not at the dealer's shop...

My suggestion, if you want a quick connection at the battery end is to get a marine adapter end, it clamps around the post then has either a 5/16" or 3/8" stud that you use a lug ended cable on. I did something similar on my project vehicle, a 1986 Chrysler Lebaron convertible that the electrical system is upgraded from the fusible links to maxi fuses in a 1996 Stratus PDC.

We use the marine terminals at work. Work great for attaching extra circuits that need battery connections.

For my truck how ever, I am looking at possibly going with these military style terminals. They are like marine terminals but they use a through and through bolt for the attachment and they are more low profile. They also can be exchanged for a longer bolt if you need for more larger gauge wire attachments.

I think it would work better for me especially if I decide to go with a PMGR starter I can relocate the battery cable from starter from the solenoid to the battery itself. It also will allow for a larger gauge wire for my auxiliary fuse/relay box and for my sniper battery hot/ground attachments.

Me personally I am not crazy about the look but I rather go with this over clamp cable ends and I rather go this route as it allows easy addition of extra circuits if needed later on.

https://www.wiringdepot.com/ordnance-/-military-bolt-type-battery-terminals.aspx