Bullnose Forums

Pulling the trigger

Are you just towing it up onto a rollback? Or towing it a block or two to your house? I ask because I want you to be safe.

But if you have a strap you can connect to the frame right behind the bumper. Maybe go under the bumper and up over the frame and put the hook on the bottom of the frame?

While you are out, maybe in the morning, a few World's Fair doughnuts? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Haha! You know your STL!

You can probably guess what happened. My buddy pulls up with a tow strap and she starts right up. Drove her the last two blocks and she’s sitting safely in front of the house. I’m going to get better pics in the daylight but I grabbed some engine bay pics for first round.

Gotta go read the photo posting guide.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! You know your STL!

You can probably guess what happened. My buddy pulls up with a tow strap and she starts right up. Drove her the last two blocks and she’s sitting safely in front of the house. I’m going to get better pics in the daylight but I grabbed some engine bay pics for first round.

Gotta go read the photo posting guide.

FE3FA544-C272-4BCE-862A-306C9F95E996.jpeg.de56ed50e136c310dc6d0bebcada6575.jpeg

FA029C7E-000A-4AA7-BFCD-A2573FF47EB6.jpeg.39c0cb09ad220d61b35d5a3c676c6923.jpeg

E2C94754-4BD5-4BB3-A69C-B54FEC2DEF33.jpeg.0eb4ff24fe0c9746f288ee249f1cfac8.jpeg

256680D2-1F02-4AF3-91CF-4C1356D1D7A2.jpeg.70d124dd77570d67c4360e470ca3ac71.jpeg

187E8EA2-433C-460F-A1F3-4654F6838A3C.jpeg.9bc01b83ec233a0407dafee3eda80218.jpeg

4D8CFEB7-F148-4E72-BFC1-E4A99A453F0F.jpeg.bc09c712eae7fde4d6502ac2b8035d39.jpeg

Yep, spent some time there. Miss Ices as well.

Anyway, I see a DS-II ignition module, so that's good. No TFI.

Dave is guessing a fuel system problem, and that's probably it. But I've seen situations where the battery voltage got so low the engine wouldn't pull due to a really poor spark.

But now that you have it you can figure all that out. Congratulations!!!

I missed the highway speeds question. The Broncos typically came with 3.50 gears, and with the C6 you'll be turning ~2750 RPM at 65 MPH. It should do fine on the highway. However, that's well above the "sweet spot" in RPM for the 300 six, which is about 1000 RPM lower, so it isn't going to get stellar MPG. And it may not want to run a whole lot faster as that engine doesn't like to spin all that fast - it is a great engine but is a low RPM/high torque unit.

I've not driven a 300/C6 combo so I really can't say. Perhaps someone else can? I know Matthew/Dorsai has a pickup with the 300/C6 combo, as outlined here, but he has 2.75 gears.

Maybe you need to figure out what gears that Bronco has? Decode the certification label on the page at Documentation/Specifications/Certification Label. Or go directly to Documentation/Specifications/Axle Ratios.

My 300/c6 with 3.08 rear had some slow downs going through the hills in TN and Virginia on the way back to SC. Some stretches I would bog down to about 50-55mph pedal to the floor. Granted mine was also in questionable shape and had had the vac system disconnected at the charcoal filter. Smog is gone etc.

The 300/E40d EFI engine in the E150 with 3.73 rear drives like nothing will slow it down.

Hi Gary!

Yep, I’m on The Hill! Right in the center of it. Across from DiGregorios Italian Market to be exact! Love this neighborhood, but Tower Grove is great too!

Interesting thoughts on the ECU. Does the “limp home” reset? The seller says they’ll drive for 5 minutes, it’ll start to fall on its face, and then if they pull over and wait a bit, it’ll drive normally again.

I’ll find out about those gears!

If the EEC is disconnected the ignition module will go static, so you'll have no advance and lack power.

Is that old Italian restaurant in the basement still there?

Mark

If the EEC is disconnected the ignition module will go static, so you'll have no advance and lack power.

Mark

Sorry, what I said applies to the TFI ignition. I don't know how the DS would act without the EEC.

Mark

Real close to completing the replacement of the fuel tank as noted in http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Red-striped-and-renewed-tp67502.html

Lots of gunk. If that doesn’t do it I’ll head down that path for sure. Haven’t dug that deep yet!

Re: basement restaurant - I’m thinking probably not. There’s a pizza place in South County that’s known for being in a basement, but I don’t think there’s one on The Hill anymore. Sounds like The Hill for sure, though!