Bullnose Forums

'85 F-250 tank conversion?

Even if the switching valve is working now you have to think about the future. They are almost unobtainable and are quite expensive if I remember correctly. So, if you put money into two tanks and the valve fails.....

All of this is why I'm going with the later fuel delivery modules, which don't take switching valves. However, the sending units are completely different so you'll have to either swap they out for the Bullnose ones, or do what I'm doing and go with a piece of electronics to convert them to the Bullnose gauge.

And you also have to run a pressure regulator since these are EFI pumps with way too much pressure for the carb. But a return style regulator is a good fit to replace the hot fuel handling system.

And, I'm going to run a 38 gallon rear tank and a 19 gallon mid-ship tank. After all, it is a 460 so maybe I can pass at least one station?

Ok so I found a 38 gallon tank that I believe will work.

The original tank dimensions are 36 x 28.25 x 8.75 inches, the new tank is 34.75 x 18.75 x 10 inches. Im guessing with a little bracing the small dimensions should be a problem. Now on to find a fuel pump that will fit it.

Spectra Premium F26E Fuel Tank for Ford Pickup -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C7TW5K?pf_rd_r=AZCYTJ1Q6M0H4JNB7V5X&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

The original tank dimensions are 36 x 28.25 x 8.75 inches, the new tank is 34.75 x 18.75 x 10 inches. Im guessing with a little bracing the small dimensions should be a problem. Now on to find a fuel pump that will fit it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C7TW5K?pf_rd_r=AZCYTJ1Q6M0H4JNB7V5X&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

In case anyone runs into this problem in the future, I found that LMC Truck has the sending units and pumps for the stock tanks. :nabble_smiley_beam:

In case anyone runs into this problem in the future, I found that LMC Truck has the sending units and pumps for the stock tanks. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I assume you mean for the stock F-Series as well as the Bronco tanks, right? The kits for the 38 gallon tank provide ways to modify the stock sending unit to fit the deeper tank.

I assume you mean for the stock F-Series as well as the Bronco tanks, right? The kits for the 38 gallon tank provide ways to modify the stock sending unit to fit the deeper tank.

Yes, the stock F-series.

Wish I had gone that way instead of replacing just the midships tank on Frankenstein. Live and learn!