Bullnose Forums

1986 F150 on eBay

This truck has been for sale a couple times in the past few years....it seems to move around a little bit.

I thought that one of the owners even posted on here once.

Good looking truck! High bid $12,500 and reserve not met. Of interest to me is this configuration: V8 mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission and 2-speed transfer case. I don't think that is a factory setup, though I could be wrong. Any insight on that?

Good looking truck! High bid $12,500 and reserve not met. Of interest to me is this configuration: V8 mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission and 2-speed transfer case. I don't think that is a factory setup, though I could be wrong. Any insight on that?

It is factory as the only 4-speed automatic was the AOD. And all of the transfer cases were 2-speed.

The AOD wasn't all that robust and was never offered behind the 351W, apparently because it couldn't handle the power in stock form. But there are people who build it today to handle plenty of power, so if you want to go that way it is possible.

It is factory as the only 4-speed automatic was the AOD. And all of the transfer cases were 2-speed.

The AOD wasn't all that robust and was never offered behind the 351W, apparently because it couldn't handle the power in stock form. But there are people who build it today to handle plenty of power, so if you want to go that way it is possible.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-f-150-5/