Bullnose Forums

Adding guages

Hydraulics are the same in all directions, all the time.

There is never a need to worry about orientation, unless you have trapped air.

I got both oil pressure sensors on and working, hope I don’t have to pull the fuel pump anytime soon. DEC2290D-8B73-412F-8F2F-E21F6ABCA3AF.jpeg.22a667bdec712adb80e3cad500e65692.jpeg

AC9F4803-1292-4F7B-B4E7-F7141589D220.jpeg.dc76f944b9128277509c675553ab2c5e.jpeg

As you can see it’s fairly close.

This is the new temperature sensor 069C2855-9672-41C1-9489-C20914FD4599.jpeg.e8ff0035831eeb0580d3fe8ac3756ba0.jpeg

This is the dash temperature sensorA4B8C0AD-D528-49D3-8D8C-A453FBD328B2.jpeg.1729694febf199ed2e1ab54794614179.jpeg

With my son leaving on Monday, going to spend the last few days they are here with them.

I temporarily installed the wires for the volt meter under the dash, here are the gauges 340C377E-3675-4EA1-A019-9F14EE3343A6.jpeg.2b3a352da12c81da73d5bbe59d0fea8f.jpeg

I got both oil pressure sensors on and working, hope I don’t have to pull the fuel pump anytime soon.

As you can see it’s fairly close.

This is the new temperature sensor

This is the dash temperature sensor

With my son leaving on Monday, going to spend the last few days they are here with them.

I temporarily installed the wires for the volt meter under the dash, here are the gauges

Looks good! Looking forward to a report on how the temp gauges work. But, spend time with your son. Been there, done that with our daughter, and a week later we REALLY miss them.

Looks good! Looking forward to a report on how the temp gauges work. But, spend time with your son. Been there, done that with our daughter, and a week later we REALLY miss them.

Drove down to the transfer station, About 5 miles total this morning. The interesting thing is both gauges moved together. I was expecting the dash gauge to move as the motor warmed up and once the temperature was up to operation temperature the new gauge would move when the thermostat opened.

Am I thinking about this wrong?

I’m wondering if it even has a thermostat, or if it does is it even working. I have never noticed any issues with them motor staying cold, once in a while the temperature would be high, when the coolant had leaked down.

Something to check next week.

Drove down to the transfer station, About 5 miles total this morning. The interesting thing is both gauges moved together. I was expecting the dash gauge to move as the motor warmed up and once the temperature was up to operation temperature the new gauge would move when the thermostat opened.

Am I thinking about this wrong?

I’m wondering if it even has a thermostat, or if it does is it even working. I have never noticed any issues with them motor staying cold, once in a while the temperature would be high, when the coolant had leaked down.

Something to check next week.

It looks like either you don't have a thermostat or it is stuck open. I think you should be able to tell by pulling the radiator cap when the engine is cold and then starting it. You shouldn't see circulation in the radiator until the thermostat opens.

But your sending unit is in the thermostat housing, right? The "gooseneck"?

It looks like either you don't have a thermostat or it is stuck open. I think you should be able to tell by pulling the radiator cap when the engine is cold and then starting it. You shouldn't see circulation in the radiator until the thermostat opens.

But your sending unit is in the thermostat housing, right? The "gooseneck"?

Yes , the new one is, the dash gauge sender is in port next to the distributor, on top of the intake manifold.