Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Steve, that is an impressive write up! You certainly don’t have to sell me on the merits of ditching the cable and gears, but I have to say that I am partial to the look of the original gauges. That would be the deal breaker for me unless there is a way to get one of the medium duty electric units working. I’m not sure how they do it, as the odometer is still a set of mechanical wheels, not a digital display. Gary, my apologies for derailing your documentation thread, perhaps these posts could me moved into a new topic?

Jonathan - I'm not worried about the thread being derailed. But the comments might be easier to find in another thread. If you start one with the appropriate title then I'll move the posts into that one.

Or, you can using your admin powers:

• Create the new thread and get its Permalink

• Go to the post you want to move, click More and then Move Post, paste the Permalink into the box, and click Move.

And then you can delete this post if you want.

Today I added a 1986 F-Series brochure: Literature/1986

Let's do a Take 2: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-f-series-pickups.html

I realized that the medium resolution jpg files that I used on the 1986 brochure make it hard to read some of the small print, like the notes on pages 13 and 18. But the high res pdf file that I have is slow to load and would be a pain if just looking casually at the pics.

So I made a compromise - I added tabs for Medium Resolution and High Resolution. And the way the page works is that when you first load it up it should always be on Medium Resolution tab and, therefore, load quickly. But, if you really want the nitty gritty detail you can click the High Res tab.

So, please take a look and let me know what you think so I know how to do this going forward. Does this approach give you quick loading? Does it get you the detail if you need it?

Let's do a Take 2: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1986-f-series-pickups.html

I realized that the medium resolution jpg files that I used on the 1986 brochure make it hard to read some of the small print, like the notes on pages 13 and 18. But the high res pdf file that I have is slow to load and would be a pain if just looking casually at the pics.

So I made a compromise - I added tabs for Medium Resolution and High Resolution. And the way the page works is that when you first load it up it should always be on Medium Resolution tab and, therefore, load quickly. But, if you really want the nitty gritty detail you can click the High Res tab.

So, please take a look and let me know what you think so I know how to do this going forward. Does this approach give you quick loading? Does it get you the detail if you need it?

It opened quickly and looks great!

Less than 10 seconds.

Mine took closer to 20 seconds. I looked at the two and zoomed in with the Chrome zoom for the page. The high res was much easier to read but it cut off some parts, i.e. the payload for 4x4's.

Then I tried the pop out feature and that worked great. I could zoom in with no problems.

Mine took closer to 20 seconds. I looked at the two and zoomed in with the Chrome zoom for the page. The high res was much easier to read but it cut off some parts, i.e. the payload for 4x4's.

Then I tried the pop out feature and that worked great. I could zoom in with no problems.

It took 10ish seconds for David, and 20ish seconds for grumpin. Was that just opening the page the first time? Or was that opening the High Res tab?

It took 10ish seconds for David, and 20ish seconds for grumpin. Was that just opening the page the first time? Or was that opening the High Res tab?

Opening the page was right away with the med res.

Opening the high res was almost 20 seconds, the first page came right up, then the wait to be able to scroll down.

Opening the page was right away with the med res.

Opening the high res was almost 20 seconds, the first page came right up, then the wait to be able to scroll down.

Ok, that was my hope. Thanks.

I've added this disclaimer at the top:

Note that there are two versions - medium resolution and high resolution. The medium resolution version will load quickly and provide you a good view of the brochure. But if you need to see the small print, such as the foot notes for some of the tables, the high resolution version is the one to use. However, it will take a while to load depending on your network speed.

Now I need to do the same to a few of the recent doc's that I've added in high res mode, only.

Ok, that was my hope. Thanks.

I've added this disclaimer at the top:

Note that there are two versions - medium resolution and high resolution. The medium resolution version will load quickly and provide you a good view of the brochure. But if you need to see the small print, such as the foot notes for some of the tables, the high resolution version is the one to use. However, it will take a while to load depending on your network speed.

Now I need to do the same to a few of the recent doc's that I've added in high res mode, only.

I've added the low res/high res function to both the 1985 Ford Truck and the 1986 Ford Trailer Towing brochures.

And, I discovered that some of my pdf's were showing poor quality renderings, so I replaced them. I'm sure there are probably others, so if you find one that looks really yukky then please let me know.