Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

I added the 1985/86 Carburetors and Fuel Charging Assembly Adjustments book to the website today: Fuel Systems/1985-86 Fuel System Adjustments. It is Ford's training manual for their tech's.

I added illustrations for the front sway bars to the existing rear sway bar illustrations, and then added the part number info for both. Then, realizing that it was now a "Sway Bar" page instead of a "Rear Sway Bar" page, I moved the page out of the Suspension & Steering/Rear Suspension section and put it in Suspension & Steering/Sway Bar.

(Yes, Chris, I know that changes the URL and that people who have links to the Rear Sway Bar page wouldn't be able to find it, so I created a re-direct from Rear Sway Bar to Sway Bar. The joys of being a webmaster. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

I added illustrations for the front sway bars to the existing rear sway bar illustrations, and then added the part number info for both. Then, realizing that it was now a "Sway Bar" page instead of a "Rear Sway Bar" page, I moved the page out of the Suspension & Steering/Rear Suspension section and put it in Suspension & Steering/Sway Bar.

(Yes, Chris, I know that changes the URL and that people who have links to the Rear Sway Bar page wouldn't be able to find it, so I created a re-direct from Rear Sway Bar to Sway Bar. The joys of being a webmaster. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Great addition Gary! And I have always been told that there was no such thing as a front sway bar for the F350 moonbeam D60... but there it is!!! 😀

I don’t know if I want or need one after hearing what you said about the ride stiffness, but it’s good to know, and if I found one I might grab it just in case. I’ve never seen one so they must be uncommon.

Great addition Gary! And I have always been told that there was no such thing as a front sway bar for the F350 moonbeam D60... but there it is!!! 😀

I don’t know if I want or need one after hearing what you said about the ride stiffness, but it’s good to know, and if I found one I might grab it just in case. I’ve never seen one so they must be uncommon.

I really don't know if it was the front or the rear sway bar that stiffened Big Blue up so much, but one did for sure. But once I remove a couple of leafs in the rear I'll put that link back to see.

I think where the sway bars are really needed is when you have a tall load on, like a camper.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know if it was the front or the rear sway bar that stiffened Big Blue up so much, but one did for sure. But once I remove a couple of leafs in the rear I'll put that link back to see.

I think where the sway bars are really needed is when you have a tall load on, like a camper.

Since Cinamon was asking about crossmembers I put up a new page: Suspension & Steering/Crossmembers. It has the info for all 1980 - 1989 trucks so you can cross-reference and see if a later truck has what you need.

Since Cinamon was asking about crossmembers I put up a new page: Suspension & Steering/Crossmembers. It has the info for all 1980 - 1989 trucks so you can cross-reference and see if a later truck has what you need.

Thanks to Vinny we now have Ford's service manual on the 4180C on the site. :nabble_anim_claps:

I added it to the existing page on the 4180C: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Holley 4180C.

And, I learned something - the trucks with a GVWR of 8600 lbs or greater didn't have a bowl vent.

Thanks to Vinny we now have Ford's service manual on the 4180C on the site. :nabble_anim_claps:

I added it to the existing page on the 4180C: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Holley 4180C.

And, I learned something - the trucks with a GVWR of 8600 lbs or greater didn't have a bowl vent.

Thanks again to Vinny, we have a second official Ford publication on the 4180C. But this one includes the generic 4160. Check it out here: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Holley 4180C. Thanks, Cuz. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, note that the file is OCR'd, which means you can actually search for a term within the document. Hopefully some day Google will find all of the info there so an external Google search will find it as well.

Damn, could have fooled me, mine had vacuum closed bowl vents that went to the evaporative canisters, it was all part of the snake's nest of plastic rubber and metal that hid a lot of the engine.

Damn, could have fooled me, mine had vacuum closed bowl vents that went to the evaporative canisters, it was all part of the snake's nest of plastic rubber and metal that hid a lot of the engine.

I was surprised about it as well. All I know is what I read in the publications. Or, was that newspaper? :nabble_anim_confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...