Bullnose Forums

Alternator Brackets

Ok..............so time to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Is there enough room to add a couple of flat washers, and some longer bolts to space the bracket out to where it will line up with the crank pulley? that would give you time to find the parts you have the link to and still have your pickup.

Don't forget to see if you can space the pulley out. As you will see on our page, shown below, all Bullnose trucks are supposed to have a spacer behind the pulley. Do you? Can you put a thicker one on?

alternator-pulley-3_orig.thumb.jpg.4078273e980df8548bb4c6dc1f2a6451.jpg

Don't forget to see if you can space the pulley out. As you will see on our page, shown below, all Bullnose trucks are supposed to have a spacer behind the pulley. Do you? Can you put a thicker one on?

I dident realise that there was a 5/16 thick spacer on some of these pickups, D20Z 10A344-A. I have to say that I dont remember a spacer on mine when I changed the Alt in my Bronco, then again, I have slept sense then, several times.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_smiley_whistling:

I dident realise that there was a 5/16 thick spacer on some of these pickups, D20Z 10A344-A. I have to say that I dont remember a spacer on mine when I changed the Alt in my Bronco, then again, I have slept sense then, several times.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_smiley_whistling:

Ok, two items, for now, try using the front groove on the alternator. Second, the mount system Lariat85 talks about was also common an cars it those years, a similar double holed adapter was used on the left side for the power steering mount, with AC it was built into the big casting the Tecumseh or York 2 cyl compressor sat on. Ford did that on most 302 and 351W engines so that the rest of the front dress (flat brackets, braces etc. was identical usually even the belts were the same.

Ok, two items, for now, try using the front groove on the alternator. Second, the mount system Lariat85 talks about was also common an cars it those years, a similar double holed adapter was used on the left side for the power steering mount, with AC it was built into the big casting the Tecumseh or York 2 cyl compressor sat on. Ford did that on most 302 and 351W engines so that the rest of the front dress (flat brackets, braces etc. was identical usually even the belts were the same.

Gary, I don't know anything about this spacer you mention. This alternator is the original unit that my truck came with and I don't see a spacer there.

I found the brackets and such mentioned in the link I posted above and have ordered them. The OP of that thread acts as if it is a bolt in fit and he appears to have the same setup I do. I should have the stuff middle of next week. I'll post up pictures and such.

Thanks Gentlemen!

Gary, I don't know anything about this spacer you mention. This alternator is the original unit that my truck came with and I don't see a spacer there.

I found the brackets and such mentioned in the link I posted above and have ordered them. The OP of that thread acts as if it is a bolt in fit and he appears to have the same setup I do. I should have the stuff middle of next week. I'll post up pictures and such.

Thanks Gentlemen!

You can see the spacer (10A344) behind the fan, here. So you may not see it as it isn't directly behind the pulley.

40-65-amp-exploded-view_orig.thumb.jpg.f2888ce74be0158fa197179d11a13ed6.jpg

You can see the spacer (10A344) behind the fan, here. So you may not see it as it isn't directly behind the pulley.

Thanks Gary, didn't know about the spacer. Am hoping I don't have to deal with it though.

Say, did you adjust my picture arrangement above? I ask because they are not the way I had set them up originally but the way I intended for them to be. What did you do that I didn't do to insert them side by side?

Thanks Gary, didn't know about the spacer. Am hoping I don't have to deal with it though.

Say, did you adjust my picture arrangement above? I ask because they are not the way I had set them up originally but the way I intended for them to be. What did you do that I didn't do to insert them side by side?

No, I didn't change anything. But side-by-side is tricky. Depending on how you do it there may be a difference from device to device when viewing them.

I use the "left" and "right" buttons and then add width="48%" to the string that's generated when you upload the pic. That's about the max you can do to put two pics side by side, and my using percentages it seems to work on different devices as it is a percentage of the screen size.