Bullnose Forums

'84 Ford Smog Pump

Anyone able to take a photo of how it should look in the engine bay?

I just recently removed all of this stuff from my 1984 302, so if there are any little obscure pieces that you need, I might still have 'em kickin' around.

I didn't really take any pictures, but I had the one below showing the pump still intact a couple months ago.

image1.jpeg.8811d9a7b8888f18b799c4be613e8ee9.jpeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to take a photo of how it should look in the engine bay?
I just recently removed all of this stuff from my 1984 302, so if there are any little obscure pieces that you need, I might still have 'em kickin' around.I didn't really take any pictures, but I had the one below showing the pump still intact a couple months ago.
That'd be awesome! Thanks! I'm pretty sure I picked up the crossover pipe a few years ago, along with the check valve. I don't have the diverter though.

What led you to remove it off your ride?

"What GIS hath wrought, let no man, except management, tear asunder" - A. Wise Analyst

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Rembrant [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yes, because the originals are Ford, and if I simply remove the AllData from the pictures they are just plain vacuum diagrams. It puts them out either printed or pdf format.

Bill - Perhaps you could send me the pdf's for our trucks? I could put them up on tabs for each engine. Thanks!

And, I can trim them if that's easier for you.

I also wanted to ask - how hard was it to remove the crossover pipe?

Looks like I'm missing the adjuster/tensioner bracket (9B452) and having a hard time sourcing the tubing (9B466)

Which one is the crossover pipe? I tried to be careful removing all of this stuff, but the one line I did cut off was the pipe from the cat converter. I cut it off somewhere close to the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. What pieces do you need? I'll take some pictures of what I have tomorrow...I think all of the smog stuff is at work.

I removed mine to clean up the engine bay, and simplify things. No smog checks required here on old "antique" vehicles.

I also wanted to ask - how hard was it to remove the crossover pipe?

Looks like I'm missing the adjuster/tensioner bracket (9B452) and having a hard time sourcing the tubing (9B466)

I have the bracket and the tubing. Let me know what else you might need. You're welcome to have it...might cost a few bucks to ship it.