Bullnose Forums

'84 Ford Smog Pump

We used to call them smoke grinders when they first came out.

If you search for "smoke grinder" you will probably find the new page on this site. That's because in the Search Engine Optimization terms I have "smoke grinder", "A.I.R.", "smog pump", "Thermactor", and then a few part numbers. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you search for "smoke grinder" you will probably find the new page on this site. That's because in the Search Engine Optimization terms I have "smoke grinder", "A.I.R.", "smog pump", "Thermactor", and then a few part numbers. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well then, how about "mud valves" or "muffler bearings" or "gniflin pins"?

That's awesome! Thanks! Do you happen to know what size belt drove that pump?

Shop told me they don't understand why our state requires that the equip be there for such an old vehicle. I may register it with Antique plates after this but for now I want to get road legal.

30" max.

That's awesome! Thanks! Do you happen to know what size belt drove that pump?

Shop told me they don't understand why our state requires that the equip be there for such an old vehicle. I may register it with Antique plates after this but for now I want to get road legal.

I have the belt and the pump if you want them.

I have the belt and the pump if you want them.

Looking at the 302 thermactor diagram - does anyone know what size/pitch bolt 383272-S is? I thought there was a fastener list around here and the part numbers site is still under construction.

I think I have most the other bolts though. Rembrant was awesome and shipped me his bracket, hosing and belt. Thanks!

Looking at the 302 thermactor diagram - does anyone know what size/pitch bolt 383272-S is?

I can give you the bolt specs when I get home tonight if you don't find them before then. I could have sent you that bolt as well. If it turns out to be a weird one, i could always stick it in a padded envelope and mail it.

Looking at the 302 thermactor diagram - does anyone know what size/pitch bolt 383272-S is? I thought there was a fastener list around here and the part numbers site is still under construction.

I think I have most the other bolts though. Rembrant was awesome and shipped me his bracket, hosing and belt. Thanks!

It is a Bolt-hex. washer head- 3/8"-16 x 4 1/4".

That's according to the 1973-79 Master Parts Catalog. Unfortunately the 1980-86 catalog doesn't have that info, nor does Ford's Standard And Utility Parts Catalog. And I was about to give up when I thought of the other catalogs I have. :nabble_anim_working:

And that's great that Rembrant shipped you the stuff. That's the Bullnose spirit! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's according to the 1973-79 Master Parts Catalog. Unfortunately the 1980-86 catalog doesn't have that info, nor does Ford's Standard And Utility Parts Catalog. And I was about to give up when I thought of the other catalogs I have. :nabble_anim_working:

And that's great that Rembrant shipped you the stuff. That's the Bullnose spirit! :nabble_smiley_good:

And, by the way, I updated the web page to include that size on the illustration.

Thank you Gary! I was flipping through my '84 Shop Manuals and couldn't even find the specific thermactor diagrams! I don't think I have the manual that covers those explicitly - I have the general Emission Diagnosis manual only.

Now to find out if I can source a bolt locally! I think the pump I received may have the other fasteners already on it.