Bullnose Forums

'84 Ford Smog Pump

Hi all - was curious if anyone had diagrams of how the Smog Pump, check valve and piping should run on the 302 V8? The pump has been off the truck for decades as Georgia didn't require it - and VA safety finally caught up to it even though the truck has been passed thru safety inspections for years in this state.

Anyone able to take a photo of how it should look in the engine bay?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and no. I don't have pictures but I do have the illustrations from the master parts catalog and they are pretty good. I'll create a new page with those illustrations for your truck as well as all the others, and I'll be back when I'm done with a link to it..... :nabble_anim_working:

Yes, and no. I don't have pictures but I do have the illustrations from the master parts catalog and they are pretty good. I'll create a new page with those illustrations for your truck as well as all the others, and I'll be back when I'm done with a link to it..... :nabble_anim_working:
Thanks! That'd be awesome! I think I have most the parts, including the cross over pipes, check valve and pump. Can't remember if I have the tensioner/adjuster bracket.

"What GIS hath wrought, let no man, except management, tear asunder" - A. Wise Analyst

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I am surprised that I haven't been given grief over mine. It is a 1986 F350 with the 460, originally carbureted, now MAF/SEFI and changed from a C6 to an E4OD. I still have an underhood sticker with the vacuum diagram for the carbureted engine, no air pump installed because it only went to the catalytic converter and since the bottom portion of the emission label says "NON CATALYST" in 1/4" high letters, I have no need for or place to use an air pump.

If by any chance you can read the calibration code, I do have all the diagrams in my AllData and can print and scan it for you. If not, maybe based on equipment and where it originated Gary and I between us can come up with what you need. Unless you are in an area with actual testing, a visual inspection is all I get here, they are not even allowed to "thump" a converter to see if it's been gutted.

I am surprised that I haven't been given grief over mine. It is a 1986 F350 with the 460, originally carbureted, now MAF/SEFI and changed from a C6 to an E4OD. I still have an underhood sticker with the vacuum diagram for the carbureted engine, no air pump installed because it only went to the catalytic converter and since the bottom portion of the emission label says "NON CATALYST" in 1/4" high letters, I have no need for or place to use an air pump.If by any chance you can read the calibration code, I do have all the diagrams in my AllData and can print and scan it for you. If not, maybe based on equipment and where it originated Gary and I between us can come up with what you need. Unless you are in an area with actual testing, a visual inspection is all I get here, they are not even allowed to "thump" a converter to see if it's been gutted.
This is what I get for switching shops, old one is farther away and not as easy to get to anymore (used to work near it). They always let it go as they understood. 

"What GIS hath wrought, let no man, except management, tear asunder" - A. Wise Analyst

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM, 85lebaront2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Welcome.

One of the significant advantages to this forum is that requests for documentation by members of this forum will be seen by me and will, as well and as quickly as I can, be honored with said documentation being added to the website.

Gary, as I mentioned earlier, I have most if not all of the vacuum diagrams available to me in MY AllData.