Bullnose Forums

Window Channel Kit question

I got a window seal kit today and it looks good except for 1 thing, the inner seal on mine is attached by big staples but this kit has no fasteners. Anyone run into this?

I tried calling LMC but the recording said that 35 people were in the que.

Are you referring to the seal attached to the door card? If so, I used new staples. You'll probably have to do the same unless someone has a better idea. I used a 2in1 brad nailer. You have to turn the PSI up quite a bit to get the staple through the metal brace in the seal, which for me resulted in a piece of the door card breaking off!:nabble_smiley_uh: So take care if you use this method...

Are you referring to the seal attached to the door card? If so, I used new staples. You'll probably have to do the same unless someone has a better idea. I used a 2in1 brad nailer. You have to turn the PSI up quite a bit to get the staple through the metal brace in the seal, which for me resulted in a piece of the door card breaking off!:nabble_smiley_uh: So take care if you use this method...

Yes! The door card will break! Do NOT use staples. Been there, done that, broke the door card/panel. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Instead use pop rivets.

• 2 weeks later...