Bullnose Forums

3G alternator installed, thanks to this forum and FTE

Mine has a 130 amp 1G with a external regulator over on the fender next to the starter relay. To get the thing to charge, you have to kick the RPMS up to 1200. In the heat of the day sitting at a traffic light with the ac on it gets hot in the cab fast as the fan will bearly blow. So now you have one foot on the foot feed( heal) and your toe on the brake and the other on the clutch. I have the eneine out so I thought this would be the perfect time to swap it to a 3G or a single wire 130 amp Leeice Nivelle like you see running on the semis.

Are you running an electric fan?

Mine has a 130 amp 1G with a external regulator over on the fender next to the starter relay. To get the thing to charge, you have to kick the RPMS up to 1200. In the heat of the day sitting at a traffic light with the ac on it gets hot in the cab fast as the fan will bearly blow. So now you have one foot on the foot feed( heal) and your toe on the brake and the other on the clutch. I have the eneine out so I thought this would be the perfect time to swap it to a 3G or a single wire 130 amp Leeice Nivelle like you see running on the semis.

Are you running an electric fan?

No sir, I should have said the blower motor for the heater/ AC. This truck is an old PG&E truck I bought at an auction for little to nothing.

Because of the alternator not charging at an Idle, we will start the welder in the box if we are using it on a night service call. There are required lights that have to be on at night and they kill the battries in a couple of hours. Every once in a while the guys will forget to start the welder and kill the battries then someone has to go out and jump start the truck.

Like all older trucks, it has some glitches, But I wouldent trade it in on a new one if you paid me to.