Bullnose Forums

Fuel Leak!!!

When I was searching for one this weekend for my flareside, I could not find a single-piece hose, but I did find that Filler Neck Supply makes a kit specific to my truck:

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/1980-1981-1982-1983-1984-1985-1986-ford-f-series-stepside-outer-fuel-filler-hose-front-tank/

It hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on how well it fits, but I'll report back in a week or so.

The LMC hose is obviously the way to go. Annoyingly since I've put in numerous orders with them and with the way their shipping costs work, I could have essentially had free shipping. The RA part was a bit cheaper, but with shipping probably the same.

Anyway, I've overcome my issue by essentially making a 'kit', with a 6" piece of aluminum joiner tubing. I was able to get the hose disconnected and reconnected without dropping the tank or raising the bed, which was my other option since the bed bolts weren't tightened down yet. I do have a new clamp, which is still a pain, a 30-odd year old one might be a different story. I just went to fill the tank and couldn't spot any leaks. So for now I'll claim success.

IMG_3693.jpg.961371e0827ad4dcc5d9e19a378bb138.jpg