Sticker on choke heat shield says:

GE2 82

VAE

E3UE DA

Later on, truck was again running rough and would die at stop signs. I told

mechanic I thought the problem was the choke linkage sticking. He told me

I needed a new EGR valve which I did.

Later on, truck was again running rough and would die at stop signs. Mechanic

said I need a new intake gasket which I did.

Truck is again running rough and would die at stop signs. I am now thinking

of Kars for KIds but would really like to solve the problem. Recently I started

truck and nursed the gas till the temperature was stable and let it run by itself

for 45 minutes. Stopped truck and let it sit for four hours. Started truck again

and had to nurse gas to keep it running.

Pushed down on choke linkage today unsticking linkage. Truck appears to be running

better but I know problem is not solved. What is your advice?

Welcome. Except, Jim's email to you specifically said:

"Please read the guidelines, below my signature, and then click on this link to say that you agree to adhere to them: I agree to adhere to the guidelines. You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck."

But your post here is not in the New Members Start Here folder, so we don't know that you've read the guidelines.

Please go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread/topic in that folder. After that we can come back here and problem solve.

Welcome. Except, Jim's email to you specifically said:

"Please read the guidelines, below my signature, and then click on this link to say that you agree to adhere to them: I agree to adhere to the guidelines. You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck."

But your post here is not in the New Members Start Here folder, so we don't know that you've read the guidelines.

Please go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread/topic in that folder. After that we can come back here and problem solve.

I thought I had checked that I had read and approved your guidelines. Did not see a clear path to posting so when I got the chance to post, I posted.

I thought I had checked that I had read and approved your guidelines. Did not see a clear path to posting so when I got the chance to post, I posted.

Here's exactly what the email said:

Please read the guidelines, below my signature, and then click on this link to say that you agree to adhere to them: I agree to adhere to the guidelines. You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck."

When you click on the "I agree to adhere to the guidelines" link you are immediately taken to the New Members Start Here folder. All you have to do is just what you did here - click on New Topic and tell us about yourself. Once you've done that then we can come back here for problem solving.

What is your advice?

Get a new mechanic? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Have you checked all the old vacuum lines/hoses and cap for leakage?

By the way, welcome to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

The "EGR mechanic" was different from the other mechanic. Finding the correct EGR valve was an adventure. Another adventure is finding a mechanic that will work on my truck. Like me, it is too old.

Will check hoses. Thanks.