Bullnose Forums

E3TZ-1060230-A Unusual black interior piece [seat belt cover] - NOS

Ya need a newer catalog - lol. It was released as a PTM (paint to match) part to replace all of the old molded in color parts...

Actually, no. I need an older catalog. The electronic one I have is the 1994 version, and by then Ford took many of the numbers out since they were NLA. But the earlier versions I have in microfiche do turn up things from time to time.

Actually, no. I need an older catalog. The electronic one I have is the 1994 version, and by then Ford took many of the numbers out since they were NLA. But the earlier versions I have in microfiche do turn up things from time to time.

My guess is it was made after production of these trucks stopped. It was done in black so it could go with any interior color, or even be painted. Over the counter replacement parts, after production has ceased, are many times slightly different.

I was wondering what would change with this part 80-82 vs. 83+?

Notice that for this piece in 1980 - 82 the catalog doesn't show any color but Charcoal. But for '83 it does show other colors. And at the top of the table it says "• Available for service only in Charcoal"

Then go to Specifications/Interior Paint and in my table you'll see that all the colors changed for 1983.

My guess is that they had so few of the early colors available by the time this catalog was printed in '94 that they took out all of the old #'s, like the one in eBay advert, and substituted the E4TZ-A Charcoal number. That made it simpler because the earlier blue, tan, and reds were different and didn't match the later colors.