Bullnose Forums

C6 trans pan down, this dropped out.

2 late!

For the occasional 1/3 fluid change I can just use one of those harbor freight fluid transfer pumps. The work pretty well.

I did it old school. 12 ft lbs today, then 16 tomorrow.

Which HF transfer pump did you use? Been looking into something to do trannies without a drain.

Which HF transfer pump did you use? Been looking into something to do trannies without a drain.

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-63144.html

7 bucks. Great for lawn mowers, motorcycles, Stearns drive boats, etc.

Can be used for fuel.

I even used it to suck the trans fluid out of the pan while still up but hanging, and used it to transfer oil from bucket to containers.

Cheap cheap, and works.

2 late!

For the occasional 1/3 fluid change I can just use one of those harbor freight fluid transfer pumps. The work pretty well.

I did it old school. 12 ft lbs today, then 16 tomorrow.

Why don't you drain the converter with it's drain plug?

Why don't you drain the converter with it's drain plug?

I didnt know the converter had one.

Plus, old school I would rather transfer to clean ATF gradually.

Here is another use for the pump, re-filling is super easy.20200604_101848.jpg.e0e602d0c77c3cf0af9eb31252f496c7.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-63144.html

7 bucks. Great for lawn mowers, motorcycles, Stearns drive boats, etc.

Can be used for fuel.

I even used it to suck the trans fluid out of the pan while still up but hanging, and used it to transfer oil from bucket to containers.

Cheap cheap, and works.

I've got to get one of those. Thanks for sharing.

Well, since filter change she is whining in 2nd, and not shifting into 3RD. Reverse is barely there and slipping.

ATF was measured when hot and running.

Put that dipstick plug back in! Kidding, sorry!!! It was okay before the filter and fluid change?

I would go from reverse to drive while sitting with the brake on a dozen times or so and see if that helps.

Will do.

I did it several times but will follow that direction.

No, the trans was fine before this.

There DID seem to be some drag when my foot came off the pedal though. I figured THAT was a caliper. Was sniffing that out. I dont think that drag was coming from the C6. But no, not a bit of issue with shifting and running either direction.

Yeah, maybe some passages just need to fill up.