Bullnose Forums

Brand preference for C6 ATF?

Great, thanks.

12 qts adds up quick$$

Ford has replaced all earlier versions of Mercon with Mercon V, which is fully synthetic. I've had no problems using it. It's just over $6/qt, so it's priced pretty fairly...

My son put Valvoline TransMax (also synthetic) in my AOD when he serviced it, and it shifts perfectly at any ambient temperature.

Thanks guys, trans filter tomorrow.

Do you have the stock pan?

If you plan on keeping the truck for awhile it would be worth looking into a pan with a drain.

I have the deeper TCI cast aluminum one on mine and the B&W one on a shelf for another project. I really like the TCI one. Even if you don't need the extra capacity, the drain is really nice to have.

Do you have the stock pan?

If you plan on keeping the truck for awhile it would be worth looking into a pan with a drain.

I have the deeper TCI cast aluminum one on mine and the B&W one on a shelf for another project. I really like the TCI one. Even if you don't need the extra capacity, the drain is really nice to have.

It is an stock pan, 1st transmission filter since new.

I had considered a plug but really, those harbor freight fluid transfer pumps work very well, (10 bucks or so), so next time I will go that route.

20200603_122732.jpg.630785d26ba57fa5eb7cc4455d54257d.jpg

20200603_115534.jpg.343725a840135280f263b2ae38a2cb32.jpg