Bullnose Forums

Help please / C6 Shift Assembly

If it is the plastic one, they ONLY come off with heat. I beat on it, pried on it, used a gear puller on it, and then someone said heat and it came right off. I used a paint stripper/heat gun on low.

We talking about the FO-405? That bushing used on the various tranny and tcase linkages?

If so, I cut around the lip so the retaining portion fell off and the two linkages came part. Then I cut a slit in the bushing portion and popped it off.

I did burn the first one off out of frustration but never tried just heating them.

We talking about the FO-405? That bushing used on the various tranny and tcase linkages?

If so, I cut around the lip so the retaining portion fell off and the two linkages came part. Then I cut a slit in the bushing portion and popped it off.

I did burn the first one off out of frustration but never tried just heating them.

OTC used to make a tool for them that work pretty well. Search T67P-7341-A - If you're a fabricator, you might be able to copy it or make something that'll work.