Bullnose Forums

Camber sleeve?

Camber sleeve or whatever its called isn't up far enough. I tried to use a blunt chisel to peck it back up but no luck.

Do I need to remove upper ball joint and try again? Passenger side looks just like the pics I took prior to r&r.

Not sure why it dropped down so far. The passenger side is almost flush but driver side is out or down nearly an inch and the sleeve itself isn't much longer than that.

Help me please as I was about ready for the test drive and thought this might be dangerous.

Here's a pic of the one on Big Blue. You can just see the eccentric below the nut.

Yours is different as it goes down through the top with the nut facing upward where as mine is opposite.

I wish I could figure out how to post a pic but able and I don't see eye to eye. I can't even post a profile pic :nabble_smiley_cry:

They should stick down approximately this far in the picture below. Is that any help?

Yes it does Rembrant, the passenger side looks like that however the driver side is considerably lower. Kind of like it fell down while tightening the bball joint nut. I should've noticed that before I tourqed it down which spreads the sleeve.

I believe I'm going to have to loosen the bJ nut then try and tap the sleeve back up to its rightful position.

Thank you very much!