Bullnose Forums

Dual Battery tray

I believe the diesel second battery tray setup is what you are seeking. The small 1" x 10-12" strip of metal that has the clip nuts is used on both the battery tray support and the toolbox inner support to the core support. Definitely a choice to make, second battery or tool box. Any of the 83-86 diesels should provide the needed parts including the cables. Out of curiosity, with a 300 why are you considering a second battery? Or is it just because. I've had a couple of those before. The only real differences in the core supports are radiator opening related. The main structure is the same.

I've removed mine so i'm going off memory but i dont think you need anything else but screws. It mounts to the fender and front, and the tall vertical part connects to you fluids reservoir.

I've removed mine so i'm going off memory but i dont think you need anything else but screws. It mounts to the fender and front, and the tall vertical part connects to you fluids reservoir.

It does mount to the fender on the left end, but it mounts to 10769 on its right end, and 10769 bolts to the radiator support.

Aux_Battery_Tray_-_Partial.thumb.jpg.5b18f208fff200611a6062b93cca7fe5.jpg

I believe the diesel second battery tray setup is what you are seeking. The small 1" x 10-12" strip of metal that has the clip nuts is used on both the battery tray support and the toolbox inner support to the core support. Definitely a choice to make, second battery or tool box. Any of the 83-86 diesels should provide the needed parts including the cables. Out of curiosity, with a 300 why are you considering a second battery? Or is it just because. I've had a couple of those before. The only real differences in the core supports are radiator opening related. The main structure is the same.

Just because, "house battery" as part of an auxillary set up much like Kramttocs has done. I can probably find a way to relocate a battery somewhere else or just not use it, same could be said of the tool box. I do like the idea of either it may end up just being whichever one I can get a hold of first. I am swapping in the EFI engine so I will have a larger alternator and the set up out of that as well to deal with.

Just because, "house battery" as part of an auxillary set up much like Kramttocs has done. I can probably find a way to relocate a battery somewhere else or just not use it, same could be said of the tool box. I do like the idea of either it may end up just being whichever one I can get a hold of first. I am swapping in the EFI engine so I will have a larger alternator and the set up out of that as well to deal with.

I really like having the secondary battery. I would lean towards a nice custom behind the seat toolbox/speaker setup and do the factory aux battery setup but that's just me. I like the idea of the engine toolbox and it's definitely up there on the neat factor but I would want more dividers/compartments for organization.

I just noticed in the diagram that the core to hold down bracket for the gas aux is different than those I've seen. The one that came on my parts truck (with the aux setup) was more like the primary battery style just angled a little differently. It looks like the diesel one in the diagram so maybe this one was swapped out but it would have been really early in the truck's life.

I am hoping to swing by the jy in the a.m. so I can see if there are any gas aux lower brackets and also take a look at the diesel one I pulled a few months ago but left.

I really like having the secondary battery. I would lean towards a nice custom behind the seat toolbox/speaker setup and do the factory aux battery setup but that's just me. I like the idea of the engine toolbox and it's definitely up there on the neat factor but I would want more dividers/compartments for organization.

I just noticed in the diagram that the core to hold down bracket for the gas aux is different than those I've seen. The one that came on my parts truck (with the aux setup) was more like the primary battery style just angled a little differently. It looks like the diesel one in the diagram so maybe this one was swapped out but it would have been really early in the truck's life.

I am hoping to swing by the jy in the a.m. so I can see if there are any gas aux lower brackets and also take a look at the diesel one I pulled a few months ago but left.

Ok, I understand, sometimes you want it just because you want it. That's probably why most of us have a truck and not a 2dr speck POS. Happy hunting.

Ok, I understand, sometimes you want it just because you want it. That's probably why most of us have a truck and not a 2dr speck POS. Happy hunting.

Forgot my tape so didn't take measurements in the jy but eyeballing it, the diesel setup looks identical with the only exception being how the reservoir hooks on.

Forgot my tape so didn't take measurements in the jy but eyeballing it, the diesel setup looks identical with the only exception being how the reservoir hooks on.

Well, maybe snatch the full diesel set up and try to put it in the gasser? Or will it not interface. I think your right, the battery is the way to go. I would but this tray in a heart beat but it is useless without the support

Well, maybe snatch the full diesel set up and try to put it in the gasser? Or will it not interface. I think your right, the battery is the way to go. I would but this tray in a heart beat but it is useless without the support

I forget when I posted earlier but the diesel tray did strike me as being a little longer but that shouldn't impact the core support bracket and it might still swap direct - all depends upon if the core support upright is the same distance to the fender. I am near my parts trucks this weekend and am looking for a couple parts for another guy so will compare a diesel to a gas aux truck.

I forget when I posted earlier but the diesel tray did strike me as being a little longer but that shouldn't impact the core support bracket and it might still swap direct - all depends upon if the core support upright is the same distance to the fender. I am near my parts trucks this weekend and am looking for a couple parts for another guy so will compare a diesel to a gas aux truck.

Here are some measurements from the lower support off of a diesel secondary battery setupIMG_20200601_222849_1.jpg.218dbf742e6a99f8e4eb0691f2b8a099.jpg