Bullnose Forums

TransAmerica Trail -TAT

Gary, there is a section on his site where you can add your suggestions.

I have ridden Tall Grass Prairie on a KLR650. Yes, it is a must. Wild Mustangs and Buffalo are so much fun to ride around!!! You really get a sense of the old west going through there.

Gary, someone has already suggested Tall Grass Prairie....in 2016. Maybe the suggestion wasn't persuasive enough.

tgp.jpg.68ed0ec6f35c22b4a607320b0fe999e4.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, someone has already suggested Tall Grass Prairie....in 2016. Maybe the suggestion wasn't persuasive enough.

Apparently the suggestion wasn't enough. But you and I know we want to go there, so let's do it!

What we ought to do is to get input from the forum members about the route. Maybe some of them know of things like Tall Grass Prairie that we shouldn't miss. And we can alter our route to take those things in.

OR coast is beautiful, and desolate lol. Hwy 112 I think I rode that from the San Juans to the Columbia. Some of he biggest Cedar trees you will ever see. There is a stop where you can literally walk inside them.

OR coast is beautiful, and desolate lol. Hwy 112 I think I rode that from the San Juans to the Columbia. Some of he biggest Cedar trees you will ever see. There is a stop where you can literally walk inside them.

Sounds like i need to get 4 wheel drive, this sounds awesome.

....What we ought to do is to get input from the forum members about the route. Maybe some of them know of things like Tall Grass Prairie that we shouldn't miss. And we can alter our route to take those things in.

Gary, yes, we can modify the route. I think the best thing to do will be to get a GPS device that will allow us to program it with our own tracks. I am a complete newb to GPS systems. I really need to research GPS devices and go get one. Then start tracking the route and get it settled. We have time, but I want to get that out of the way first thing.

Im making offers on bikes, so far everyone has been too proud of their bike. lol.

I have an 87 Bronco I am parting out. Where are you located?

edit****I see you on the map in Summerville. Probably too far a drive for getting parts off this Bronco

I have an 87 Bronco I am parting out. Where are you located?

edit****I see you on the map in Summerville. Probably too far a drive for getting parts off this Bronco

So, my friend Chod, he has a HondaXR650L. I think he has sort of got me leaning towards on too. I've owned the KLR, DR, why not keep going and sample the other legendary Dual Sport for awhile? I can always sell it if I hate it.

I think it might come down to whatever I find within a reasonable distance, reasonable price, and has been taken care of by the previous owner. I was going to travel a little to get one, but I think I will remain calm, and wait for something I can go look at one afternoon and come home with or without it. I'd hate to go so far, just to be disappointed.

So, my friend Chod, he has a HondaXR650L. I think he has sort of got me leaning towards on too. I've owned the KLR, DR, why not keep going and sample the other legendary Dual Sport for awhile? I can always sell it if I hate it.

I think it might come down to whatever I find within a reasonable distance, reasonable price, and has been taken care of by the previous owner. I was going to travel a little to get one, but I think I will remain calm, and wait for something I can go look at one afternoon and come home with or without it. I'd hate to go so far, just to be disappointed.

Here is some of what we will see on this trip guys!!! Get excited!!!!