Bullnose Forums

TransAmerica Trail -TAT

The Red Mule!?

In the Honda XR650L world, they are known as Pigs. I guess because they are the biggest heaviest "dualsport" dirtbike you can buy.....that is STILL a dirtbike and not some amalgamation of street/dirt bike like a KLR. The Suzuki DR650 still is setup like a dirtbike....kind of. But has CRAP stock suspension.

So....I think a Bull+ a Mule+ a Pig= a Rhinosaurus? Hahaha

Little Red?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Red?

I dunno yet. Might see if the bike earns a name over time.

So, this morning I am listing that LS 4.8 liter for sale. Going to take the money and buy GPS and handlebar mounts for GPS and cell phone. Might buy some nicer handlebars also.

I dunno yet. Might see if the bike earns a name over time.

So, this morning I am listing that LS 4.8 liter for sale. Going to take the money and buy GPS and handlebar mounts for GPS and cell phone. Might buy some nicer handlebars also.

Don't know what you are looking for in a GPS, but I'm interested in something like the Garmin Inreach devices. They provide both GPS and satellite communications so you aren't completely out of touch.

You may not need that, but I would like to have it since I plan to take BB to some remote places where cell coverage won't be available and CB probably won't reach. That way my family can keep tabs on me and I can get help if needed.

Don't know what you are looking for in a GPS, but I'm interested in something like the Garmin Inreach devices. They provide both GPS and satellite communications so you aren't completely out of touch.

You may not need that, but I would like to have it since I plan to take BB to some remote places where cell coverage won't be available and CB probably won't reach. That way my family can keep tabs on me and I can get help if needed.

Gary, I am still naive about GPS devices but I have seen Garmin came out very recently with one specifically designed for motorcycles. I'll probably be getting that one. I think it is Garmin Zumo. I think there are a couple Zumo models also.

Gary, I am still naive about GPS devices but I have seen Garmin came out very recently with one specifically designed for motorcycles. I'll probably be getting that one. I think it is Garmin Zumo. I think there are a couple Zumo models also.

I see the Zumo XT, and it looks good. But you'll probably want to power it off the bike as the 6 hours it'll run on regular settings doesn't seem to be enough.

I'll get the gas tank today, but I couldnt resist mocking up the new Attack Graphics onto the stock tank.....

20200609_201306.jpg.a36c227ea7a430688038e0e837b35726.jpg

I plan to install a harness direct from the battery to run the GPS and a cell phone charger.

Also, over at www.advrider.com there is a regional forum. Many active riders in the tulsa area and around. I'll see if any of those guys would be interested in going.

Also, over at www.advrider.com there is a regional forum. Many active riders in the tulsa area and around. I'll see if any of those guys would be interested in going.

I was going to ask to whom we wanted to extend an invitation. On the truck side we could invite those on the Facebook pages. However, we don't know many of those people and don't know how responsible they are. I don't think we want a bunch of cowboys that make a lot of noise and cause problems.

So, how do we figure out who should go? Or, whom we should invite?