Bullnose Forums

TransAmerica Trail -TAT

Yes, I am aware. It is not a spark arrestor. It is only a mini glasspack. Its literally constructed just like a glasspack. The spark arrestor is still inside the muffler.

Here you guys go. This is how it sounds. I think just a little too loud....may try to mellow it out a hair.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am aware. It is not a spark arrestor. It is only a mini glasspack. Its literally constructed just like a glasspack. The spark arrestor is still inside the muffler.

I figured you did, but didn’t want to assume!

Edit: sounds like a thumper!

I think you'll find that is too loud. By the end of an hour of riding I think you'll agree.

Im late to this thread guys (as usual) but this trip looks great!

There is no way youd want my loud pipes rumbling down the trail with you but if you end up anywhere near me, Id run supplies down or whatever I can to help.

I think you'll find that is too loud. By the end of an hour of riding I think you'll agree.

I rode it around a lot yesterday with my helmet on.....yes....its too loud.

I dont want to spend $350+ on a slip on muffler. I think that is a rediculous price for a muffler. So...I have the stock baffle....I'll start modifications on it.

I rode it around a lot yesterday with my helmet on.....yes....its too loud.

I dont want to spend $350+ on a slip on muffler. I think that is a rediculous price for a muffler. So...I have the stock baffle....I'll start modifications on it.

Also, stayed up pretty late last night....had and idea.....I saw the light bar I took off the 87 bronco......

I took that silly looking headlight off the bike. I was able to use the bike's factory headlight mount on the light housing from the light bar. I also used the high/lo beam light from the old headlight. I was also able to reuse the water seal/boot that surrounds the connectors.

Im going to add a couple small fog lamps below it to help increase the amount of light output.

Not the best way of doing this mod, but it was FREE.

20200605_000734.jpg.76009a93bff8ffdf6c580244ed22b84a.jpg

Also, stayed up pretty late last night....had and idea.....I saw the light bar I took off the 87 bronco......

I took that silly looking headlight off the bike. I was able to use the bike's factory headlight mount on the light housing from the light bar. I also used the high/lo beam light from the old headlight. I was also able to reuse the water seal/boot that surrounds the connectors.

Im going to add a couple small fog lamps below it to help increase the amount of light output.

Not the best way of doing this mod, but it was FREE.

I think I like the headlight, but show me a before and after. I'm not sure what the original headlight looked like.

But, I can't imagine we'll ride much while it is dark on the TAT.

I think I like the headlight, but show me a before and after. I'm not sure what the original headlight looked like.

But, I can't imagine we'll ride much while it is dark on the TAT.

Here's some more pics of the headliner Gary.

The space above the driver's visor should be perfect for switches, just not sure how your wires would be routed, it's pretty tight/flush at the top of the A-pillar. Long way round through the dome light would be best for the wires, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

IMG_3630.jpg.6df4423277f5e622b35f30dc20fe1605.jpg

And the radio mounts with a piece of foam between it and the tray and then between it and the headliner. I'll hopefully have a pic with it installed next week when I hope to have my interior tied up. I did not want to mount the radio without the trim to support it installed. Oh, and the tray/bracket does not come pre-cut, which is good if you plan on mounting a smaller CB radio.

IMG_3636.jpg.ea994830248c58db07ee465023b1d5a3.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg.ca0be9456112482313036c1cee7d4c50.jpg

Sorry you had to wait, I only got down to the garage yesterday. I've been pressure washing concrete all week...

Here's some more pics of the headliner Gary.

The space above the driver's visor should be perfect for switches, just not sure how your wires would be routed, it's pretty tight/flush at the top of the A-pillar. Long way round through the dome light would be best for the wires, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

And the radio mounts with a piece of foam between it and the tray and then between it and the headliner. I'll hopefully have a pic with it installed next week when I hope to have my interior tied up. I did not want to mount the radio without the trim to support it installed. Oh, and the tray/bracket does not come pre-cut, which is good if you plan on mounting a smaller CB radio.

Sorry you had to wait, I only got down to the garage yesterday. I've been pressure washing concrete all week...

20200604_133839.jpg.89733225bcc95d131bd99460331cdf94.jpg

20200604_233121.jpg.60a0ec8f418511379f9afd8ddac928de.jpg