Bullnose Forums

TransAmerica Trail -TAT

Its just dusty. Ill clean it up and see what it looks like.

Missed that. So that’s a speaker. Ok. It would work, but doesn’t the President Bill have it’s own speaker? Or was that another one I looked at? One with its ow. Would be good.

As for the Bearcat being newer, I guess that shows what I know about CB’s.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed that. So that’s a speaker. Ok. It would work, but doesn’t the President Bill have it’s own speaker? Or was that another one I looked at? One with its ow. Would be good.

As for the Bearcat being newer, I guess that shows what I know about CB’s.

Bill has a speaker. If you mount it overhead it’ll be pointing down at you.

It’s a small speaker but I haven’t had any problems hearing it. And it has an external speaker plug you could plug into your stereo if it has an aux port. The Bearcat should have an external speaker plug too.

Bill has a speaker. If you mount it overhead it’ll be pointing down at you.

It’s a small speaker but I haven’t had any problems hearing it. And it has an external speaker plug you could plug into your stereo if it has an aux port. The Bearcat should have an external speaker plug too.

I'm thinking that mounting the CB overhead, like the top unit here, would work. Perforate the ABS where the speaker is and just go with it.

Which one of us is installing one of these?

Overhead_Mounting_Of_CB_In_Headliner.thumb.jpg.ae9475118aaa5a0b4655d90087bfdb13.jpg

I'm thinking that mounting the CB overhead, like the top unit here, would work. Perforate the ABS where the speaker is and just go with it.

Which one of us is installing one of these?

It is Rob, and he's installing it on Eddy Myrtle.

So Rob, can you provide us with more pics than this one? And answer a zillion questions? Like:

• How does a radio mount in the top?

• Is there a way through it to get an antenna lead to the rear where the bed light goes through the roof? I wondered about taking the antenna lead through there.

• Does it cover the factory dome light?

• What is the bump above the driver? Is it for switches? Or?

• How do the sun visors work?

• How do you like it?

IMG_3583.jpg.0b7f2870cf91e05aa43bc9d20f8f55f1.jpg

........Which one of us is installing one of these?.....

I thought you are? So far you and me are the only two for sure going on this trip.

That is a really nice headliner piece. Is that the one LMC sells?

Oh I see. We were typing at the same time. I thought you were asking who is "going' to install one. LOL.

Its nice. That keeps the dash from getting screw holes for mounts and what not.

......we need to find out how high a bike is. That’s because I plan to have a rack with tent on top, and we either need to be able to get the bike under the rack or lift the rack long enough to get the bike in.

And, I’ll need to arrange the tools and parts so there’s a path down the middle. And, how long is your bike?

bike_dims.jpg.0bd5fb2421309b3950ba39856314fd19.jpg

......we need to find out how high a bike is. That’s because I plan to have a rack with tent on top, and we either need to be able to get the bike under the rack or lift the rack long enough to get the bike in.

And, I’ll need to arrange the tools and parts so there’s a path down the middle. And, how long is your bike?

The OAH of 49" is a # we can use. But the OAL of 86.2 isn't as it doesn't go to the tire patch but to the rear of the bike, which may be the back of the tire. BB has a 96" bed and a tool box of maybe 18". That leaves only about ~78" in the bed so we'll have to leave the tailgate down, which would extend enough.

However, I still hope to have the rear bumper/spare tire mount made and that will complicate things as the tailgate can't be left open. Hmmm.....

So Rob, can you provide us with more pics than this one? And answer a zillion questions? Like:

The radio surprisingly is only 'smashed/squeezed' in between two pieces of foam... I'll take more pics and post them some time this week. This isn't urgent right? Just planning?

• Is there a way through it to get an antenna lead to the rear where the bed light goes through the roof? I wondered about taking the antenna lead through there.

This should be simple enough, you can run a wire anywhere underneath the liner.

Yes, I ran the power feed for the radio and dome light through the factory dome location. You can also use the a-pillars to keep them hidden. That's for the version for trucks without a factory headliner. There is one for trucks that came with a factory headliner. Both will cover the dome light.

Honestly, I'd have to go look. I've been mowing all afternoon, so I came online unprepared, sorry.

You mount your original visors the same as before. They'll function the same too, with just a little less space to fold away. Should not obstruct your view though. I'll confirm once they and my seat are installed.

• How do you like it?

Happy with the look, but installation not complete yet. I still have to add the upper window trim, which is what holds the front of the liner up. But I first want to check my wiring(complete harness) and then wrap it in tape for which I'll need to disassemble the dash again.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n63380/IMG_3583.jpg

Oh, and I got it from Bronco Graveyard, some $70 cheaper than LMC, but it's the same one.

The radio surprisingly is only 'smashed/squeezed' in between two pieces of foam... I'll take more pics and post them some time this week. This isn't urgent right? Just planning?

This should be simple enough, you can run a wire anywhere underneath the liner.

Yes, I ran the power feed for the radio and dome light through the factory dome location. You can also use the a-pillars to keep them hidden. That's for the version for trucks without a factory headliner. There is one for trucks that came with a factory headliner. Both will cover the dome light.

Honestly, I'd have to go look. I've been mowing all afternoon, so I came online unprepared, sorry.

You mount your original visors the same as before. They'll function the same too, with just a little less space to fold away. Should not obstruct your view though. I'll confirm once they and my seat are installed.

• How do you like it?

Happy with the look, but installation not complete yet. I still have to add the upper window trim, which is what holds the front of the liner up. But I first want to check my wiring(complete harness) and then wrap it in tape for which I'll need to disassemble the dash again.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n63380/IMG_3583.jpg

Oh, and I got it from Bronco Graveyard, some $70 cheaper than LMC, but it's the same one.

Yes, this is only for planning purposes at the moment.

So when you get a chance, pictures of various things would be helpful. Like how the radio mounts 'cause that "smashed/squeezing in between two pieces of foam" sounds like it would hinder cooling and prevent the sound from getting out of the down-firing speaker in the President Bill CB. (Dane - Does the President Bill have cooling holes top or bottom?)

Also, I'm curious about that bump above the driver. Someone speculated that it is for switches, and that could come in very useful if so.

On the visors, I'm assuming that my later model visors with the inboard catches will work since the thing is marketed for later trucks as well. See any reason why not?

As for the wire routing, it does seem like coming up the back would work nicely. That would let me run the antenna lead out the back, which seems like a good idea right now.

So, remind me of how you are using the speakers? Are you using them with the stereo and the CB? I'm thinking that using the speakers in the doors for bass and midrange and the ones above for mids and highs might be good, but would take some crossovers.

And thanks on the JBG suggestion. :nabble_smiley_good: