Bullnose Forums

TransAmerica Trail -TAT

Maybe we only get as far as we can.....do we HAVE to make it to Utah? Colorado will be beautiful.

I've been in the Rockies in June and several of the passes were still closed. So I think later rather than earlier. But we need people with local knowledge to tell us.

As for Utah, maybe we just get there, like just across the border?

I've been in the Rockies in June and several of the passes were still closed. So I think later rather than earlier. But we need people with local knowledge to tell us.

As for Utah, maybe we just get there, like just across the border?

I am down with that. The main thing is that we get ourselves in trouble. Have some butt-pucker moments, and live to tell the tale. That's what its all about ain't it?

I am down with that. The main thing is that we get ourselves in trouble. Have some butt-pucker moments, and live to tell the tale. That's what its all about ain't it?
Not sure I can agree that I should have those moments. But I'm down with you having those moments. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thinking about this, I'm wondering if my son will be available for that much time. But, he might be available for the CO portion. Or, maybe if he can do the CO section maybe he and I'll continue on from there into UT.

Not sure I can agree that I should have those moments. But I'm down with you having those moments. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thinking about this, I'm wondering if my son will be available for that much time. But, he might be available for the CO portion. Or, maybe if he can do the CO section maybe he and I'll continue on from there into UT.
Good point, anyone can turn back and go home at any point. We don't all have to be on the same schedule. I'm starting to think a Dewey to Colorado (some town there) is more realistic for me. If Utah adds that many more days, I will need to start in Utah at a future date and head to the coast.Man, it sucks being young and able bodied, but have NO TIME. I wish the USA would adopt the European vacation policy. 2 Weeks is down right ridiculous. Everyone should be able to have an entire month out of 12 to do whatever they want to do.

Good point, anyone can turn back and go home at any point. We don't all have to be on the same schedule.

I'm starting to think a Dewey to Colorado (some town there) is more realistic for me. If Utah adds that many more days, I will need to start in Utah at a future date and head to the coast.

Man, it sucks being young and able bodied, but have NO TIME. I wish the USA would adopt the European vacation policy. 2 Weeks is down right ridiculous. Everyone should be able to have an entire month out of 12 to do whatever they want to do.

A CB I’ve looked at before. Spendy! :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

https://jmcorp.com/Stereo-MusicCB-Weather-Radio-Audio-Sys-Solo-Operation_p_261.html

That's neat, Dane. But in order to communicate with the chase truck I'll have to add a CB unit to BB. Hmmm....

I have an old CB, not sure if it works. Pulled it from a shed down the street. The woman was getting a divorce and selling the house. She told me to come raid his stuff before she threw it in a dumpster.

I'll take a picture in a little while.

I have an old CB, not sure if it works. Pulled it from a shed down the street. The woman was getting a divorce and selling the house. She told me to come raid his stuff before she threw it in a dumpster.

I'll take a picture in a little while.

This is exactly the way I found it. Yes, it needs fixin up.

20200530_082255.jpg.0b31aca7af2e29326684badaf7b2ec4a.jpg

20200530_082300.jpg.3e0e35b334a4cc5c3548d0f551ae695e.jpg

20200530_082313.jpg.f2a35d369fd4587155be92b2b994d00e.jpg

There are probably better, smaller cb units to put on a bike, like the one Dane posted. But I am not spending $400+ on one.

Gary, if you want this one for Big Blue, Holly will be in Bartlesville July 3rd. Just meet her in Bville and she'll give it to you. All you have to say is "MINE!!". I dont want anything for it, especially from you.