Bullnose Forums

Need a part, does anyone have one?

Alfie623

I broke the plastic shroud the covers the steering column at the key release button on a manual trans, bull nose truck. Does anyone have one or know where to buy it? I forgot to take a picture or look for a part number.

I quickly looked in Dennis Carpenter and NPD Catalogs but didn’t see it. I also looked quickly on eBay but it’s a pretty obscure piece I believe.

Any help finding a replacement would be great. Thanks.

Looks like I need part 3530. The challenge is that Ford uses that number over the last 50 years for a variety of vehicles so I can’t simply search that number. I’m thinking this is going to be a challenge.

I believe the column for a 87-91 truck is this same so this opens the options for junk yard finds....

7344E76E-1C5F-41F1-AF42-D7566A849EFA.png.bb65061fc79c36a07458174ee51021f9.png

Looks like I need part 3530. The challenge is that Ford uses that number over the last 50 years for a variety of vehicles so I can’t simply search that number. I’m thinking this is going to be a challenge.

I believe the column for a 87-91 truck is this same so this opens the options for junk yard finds....

FWIW, I would suspect any floor shift car up until the late 80s will have that part, Pinto, Bobcat, Mustang, MustangII, etc.

Alfie - First, a discussion of Ford part numbers. The number you see on the illustrations is the base part number. That number is used for that part on essentially every Ford vehicle ever made. But to make it specific to your vehicle you need a prefix and a suffix. The prefix will be something like E0TZ, and the "E" means it was first used in the 80's while the "0" means it was the first year of the 80's, so 1980. The "T" means Truck, and I think the "Z" means replacement part. Then there's the suffix, which appears to start with "A" and goes from there.

So, a "3530", which is a Shroud (Steering Column) for your truck would be an E0TZ 3530-C for a fixed steering wheel and E0TZ 3530-B for a tilt wheel. And that's shown on my page Interior/Steering Columns - although I just added the info for the shroud.

I don't think it is 3530 that you need. Note that it doesn't vary for manual or automatic transmissions. And I'm researching what it actually is. Hope to be back soon.....

Alfie - I'm confused about the illustrations I'm seeing. I think you need either E0TZ 3790-A or -B depending on if you have a tilt or fixed wheel. You can see on the illustration below, which is the third one on my Interior/Steering Column page. Note on the illustration that it says it is for the tilt wheel. But you can see that the part is also used on the fixed wheel.

But it is only used on the manual transmission vehicles, which is why I think it is the piece you need.

3790.thumb.jpg.6c744ed38264f50d22f3923c080b4233.jpg

3790_Illustration.thumb.jpg.fdf128b820e5486907bffb7e23642846.jpg

I looked at Big Blue today and it isn't 3530 that has the button poking through for the key release. It is 3790, and it is plastic.