Bullnose Forums

Any interest in a 1985-86 tailgate trim panel?

I am still trying to figure out the box for it, hopefully body shops around my area have boxes the right size. I will wrap it with cushioning and probably with put a piece of wood on the top and bottom to prevent bending. I will keep you posted, want to get a fairly accurate shipping price for you.

When I've shipped body panels, like doors, fendors, or tailgates, I've built a crate out of 1" wood. Yes, it certainly added to the shipping cost, but the parts got there w/o bending.

Then take that money and put it towards that tailgate :)

Well it looks like we may be getting closer to some activity on this deal. Life does get busy at times. Let me find out what i'm going to be in on this panel and then I'll give you right of first refusal. Mike.

When I've shipped body panels, like doors, fendors, or tailgates, I've built a crate out of 1" wood. Yes, it certainly added to the shipping cost, but the parts got there w/o bending.

That's what I did when shipping a core support to the east coast but never again :)

I know it's hit and miss with how something is handled but with something like this I'd be tempted to wrapped it really thick in some bubble wrap, take some large pieces of cardboard and pretty much tape the 'box' around it. Seems like if something is going to get tore up in shipping it doesn't matter if it's in an iron box or tissue paper.

That's what I did when shipping a core support to the east coast but never again :)

I know it's hit and miss with how something is handled but with something like this I'd be tempted to wrapped it really thick in some bubble wrap, take some large pieces of cardboard and pretty much tape the 'box' around it. Seems like if something is going to get tore up in shipping it doesn't matter if it's in an iron box or tissue paper.

Tomorrow I am going to try some body shops close by to see if they have any boxes that will work. If not, I will wrap it in cardboard and bubble wrap. Once I do that, I will measure and weigh it, get a decently close quote for you. My plan is to make a big push to finish this tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to try some body shops close by to see if they have any boxes that will work. If not, I will wrap it in cardboard and bubble wrap. Once I do that, I will measure and weigh it, get a decently close quote for you. My plan is to make a big push to finish this tomorrow.

Kool, lets insure at $500. These units are getting harder to find and if they simply break it due to mishandling, they should pay for it. Thanks.

Kool, lets insure at $500. These units are getting harder to find and if they simply break it due to mishandling, they should pay for it. Thanks.

It's packed up. FedEx is showing shipping it FedEx Ground for $135. I can't see where to add insurance. But, I have absolutely stuffed the box with loose corrugated cardboard and wrapped the panel itself with padding. I don't see how it can possibly be bent. But, I suppose that's what everyone says...

It's packed up. FedEx is showing shipping it FedEx Ground for $135. I can't see where to add insurance. But, I have absolutely stuffed the box with loose corrugated cardboard and wrapped the panel itself with padding. I don't see how it can possibly be bent. But, I suppose that's what everyone says...

If that works for you, does $240.00 shipped to your door sound fair to you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...