Bullnose Forums

Any interest in a 1985-86 tailgate trim panel?

It will be a hot second before I actually get this part. I am moving next week, so I most likely will not get the part until then. Hopefully the yard still has the part! I already removed it, but I hid it inside the canopy of that truck. Again, from what I could tell, there were no scratches, cracks or dents. It's just dirty, but I will clean it up before I ship it. Also, the plastic mounting hardware on the back is all intact, which I find miraculous.

Let me know how much when you can.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or.... Do you have any interest in an under hood toolbox?

Send me a couple pics of the tool box, since I have never seen one in person. I might be interested in a trade.

Unless you happened to have the gun case behind the seat. Then I would owe you the tailgate panel and a wad of cash. But that's asking for the moon, so lets stick to the tool box possibly.

Send me a couple pics of the tool box, since I have never seen one in person. I might be interested in a trade.

Unless you happened to have the gun case behind the seat. Then I would owe you the tailgate panel and a wad of cash. But that's asking for the moon, so lets stick to the tool box possibly.

DSC_0379.thumb.jpg.60960661d1f15b734008549002fe3a87.jpgDSC_0380.thumb.jpg.9824a8d59501b967b0b0db35dc0fd759.jpgDSC_0381.thumb.jpg.755129237120c0c4661090e104e8ca57.jpgDSC_0382.thumb.jpg.79b7b638c88795d5781cd71c440cbf66.jpgDSC_0383.thumb.jpg.9ba44386f7f4e71aff7bbc5e97068c52.jpgDSC_0384.thumb.jpg.91e0d96a5cb5a4701731c681e9fb6a23.jpgDSC_0385.thumb.jpg.a11b11c1010debd912c3e802301dc851.jpg

Wow some of those pictures really went to heck in a hand basket. I tried to lay the parts out to show what all hardware I have. I am missing one screw and clip to attach the washer/overflow tank, also missing the four screws that hold the box to the inner fender. All other items are as pictured. The picture that shows the chipped edge is where the lower locking tab on the front of the box would've been. In my opinion, for any part of the box to be broken, I'd rather it this and not the upper tang on the lid. If I can find another clip and screw for the washer tank I'll include. I know I do not have the four fender screws. Someone else may be able to assist, or perhaps simply purchase from the specs. I soaked the two large brackets in a light vinegar/water solution to cut the scale that was present to ensure I had solid metal. They then soaked in a neutralizer to stop the acid. Just a little surface dust rust. I'm sure you'll want to clean them up and paint to mach your under hood color scheme. I figure we each pay the shipping out.

Wow some of those pictures really went to heck in a hand basket. I tried to lay the parts out to show what all hardware I have. I am missing one screw and clip to attach the washer/overflow tank, also missing the four screws that hold the box to the inner fender. All other items are as pictured. The picture that shows the chipped edge is where the lower locking tab on the front of the box would've been. In my opinion, for any part of the box to be broken, I'd rather it this and not the upper tang on the lid. If I can find another clip and screw for the washer tank I'll include. I know I do not have the four fender screws. Someone else may be able to assist, or perhaps simply purchase from the specs. I soaked the two large brackets in a light vinegar/water solution to cut the scale that was present to ensure I had solid metal. They then soaked in a neutralizer to stop the acid. Just a little surface dust rust. I'm sure you'll want to clean them up and paint to mach your under hood color scheme. I figure we each pay the shipping out.

It is rare to find a lid w/o the tab being broken. And I agree, if something is to be broken the body is the place as it isn't seen when the lid is closed.

As for the clips and bolts, here's what I believe they should be. And I think you should be able to find them in the catalog at Documentation/Reference/Standard & Utility Parts Catalog. If not, let me know and I'll measure mine and see if we can't get the right part numbers. (I didn't have that catalog when I put up that page on the tool box.)

tool-box-illustration_4.thumb.jpg.929cf2d47a1931e14555afed063a05e3.jpg

It is rare to find a lid w/o the tab being broken. And I agree, if something is to be broken the body is the place as it isn't seen when the lid is closed.

As for the clips and bolts, here's what I believe they should be. And I think you should be able to find them in the catalog at Documentation/Reference/Standard & Utility Parts Catalog. If not, let me know and I'll measure mine and see if we can't get the right part numbers. (I didn't have that catalog when I put up that page on the tool box.)

I've found another bolt and clip for the washer tank, so at this point it's just the four bolts originally marked as N606023-S in the drawing that Gary has provided.

I've found another bolt and clip for the washer tank, so at this point it's just the four bolts originally marked as N606023-S in the drawing that Gary has provided.

Rodeo, are you still on the hunt for a lower housing for that toolbox? I know of one in a yard with a broken lid and missing hinge (mine:nabble_smiley_happy:) From what I remember, it was fully intact.

I will be grabbing the fender reinforcement for somebody on here, so I might as well grab the whole thing. I’m sure parting out a toolbox setup is seldom done...

Rodeo, are you still on the hunt for a lower housing for that toolbox? I know of one in a yard with a broken lid and missing hinge (mine:nabble_smiley_happy:) From what I remember, it was fully intact.

I will be grabbing the fender reinforcement for somebody on here, so I might as well grab the whole thing. I’m sure parting out a toolbox setup is seldom done...

I am looking at a trade with thefraze to get the 85-6 T/G trim he'd found in a yard. If you and he want to work a secondary trade for a lower box portion to make it 100%, I think that would be a good thing depending on the prices involved. If I were you, I'd get all of the components you can, always good to have good trading stock on hand for trading. This is all dependent on having the storage space available. :)

I am looking at a trade with thefraze to get the 85-6 T/G trim he'd found in a yard. If you and he want to work a secondary trade for a lower box portion to make it 100%, I think that would be a good thing depending on the prices involved. If I were you, I'd get all of the components you can, always good to have good trading stock on hand for trading. This is all dependent on having the storage space available. :)

I'm probably going to pass on the toolbox. But I will let you know about the tailgate panel when I get to it (hopefully next week).