Bullnose Forums

Any interest in a 1985-86 tailgate trim panel?

Hi, I went to a local wrecking yard today and found a really highly-optioned 1986 F-150 XLT Lariat there. One thing that blew me away was the tailgate panel on it. It is the 1985-86 brushed metal, red stripe panel. I took it off the tailgate, all of the mounting brackets behind are intact, and I can't find any dents or scratches on the panel anywhere (it is, however, very dirty). I left the tailgate there, hiding inside the canopy, but I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in this part for their truck, and if so, what would someone be willing to pay?

If there is any interest, I will go back this weekend and grab it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an interest. It would depend on the asking price delivered to 17402.

Any idea what you might be thinking as a price, often in the yards they are unaware of the difficulty in finding such items. I try to just buy the goodies as I can at a song and then pass part of the deal on to the other members. Right now I'm working on getting an under hood tool box set up together to pass on to the members. Other than the locking tab on the lower box portion, it all looks good. I'd suggest the two brackets have the surface rust taken care off before installation. Just need to get the fastener package together.

I have an interest. It would depend on the asking price delivered to 17402.

Any idea what you might be thinking as a price, often in the yards they are unaware of the difficulty in finding such items. I try to just buy the goodies as I can at a song and then pass part of the deal on to the other members. Right now I'm working on getting an under hood tool box set up together to pass on to the members. Other than the locking tab on the lower box portion, it all looks good. I'd suggest the two brackets have the surface rust taken care off before installation. Just need to get the fastener package together.

I'm not in this to make a handsome profit. So you tell me what a fair price is, I will check how much the yard wants for it, and then try to figure out shipping.

I recently found out that shipping costs have changed significantly. I'll revise the offer to $100 + shipping.

It will be a hot second before I actually get this part. I am moving next week, so I most likely will not get the part until then. Hopefully the yard still has the part! I already removed it, but I hid it inside the canopy of that truck. Again, from what I could tell, there were no scratches, cracks or dents. It's just dirty, but I will clean it up before I ship it. Also, the plastic mounting hardware on the back is all intact, which I find miraculous.