Bullnose Forums

Radio help

Hey everyone, I have a radio question. So my factory radio is toast and so are the speakers. For a long while I've been wanting a functioning radio with bluetooth because I like my music and it's nice being able to have hands free talk as I drive many many miles. Anyways, I have a double din, full touchscreen radio in another vehicle we plan on selling that we still have the original radio for.

Here's my question, is there anyway that I can put that double din radio in my 84 f150?

If it's too big of a pain I'll pass and buy a Retrosound or something that'll fit but if I can save $200 and use the one I got I'd be happy. Plus since it's a full screen it has a provision for a backup camera which would be super useful

Awesome, thanks!:nabble_smiley_cool::nabble_anim_jump:

As Gary mentioned, I have one in mine and am really happy with the way it turned out although I haven't finished with the bezel yet. That's just a matter of enlarging the hole and installing a trim piece.

Does your truck have a/c?

If so, there are two ways to go about it: Cut into the plastic duct (above) or modify the dash support (below).

I prefer the dash support method but there are pros/cons to both.

Happy to provide any additional details or photos that might help.

As Gary mentioned, I have one in mine and am really happy with the way it turned out although I haven't finished with the bezel yet. That's just a matter of enlarging the hole and installing a trim piece.

Does your truck have a/c?

If so, there are two ways to go about it: Cut into the plastic duct (above) or modify the dash support (below).

I prefer the dash support method but there are pros/cons to both.

Happy to provide any additional details or photos that might help.

Scott, how much would you have to cut into the duct? If it's not a lot, have you considered heating and deforming the plastic so that you wouldn't need to cut into it and then cut a piece to go inside the hole and try and seal it up? Just a thought.

Scott, how much would you have to cut into the duct? If it's not a lot, have you considered heating and deforming the plastic so that you wouldn't need to cut into it and then cut a piece to go inside the hole and try and seal it up? Just a thought.

I never actually considered that option for a couple reasons. One being that there is already a noticeable difference between the vent output between driver and passenger side and I didn't want to impact it further.

It's a good idea though but not sure about how much is needed. The Big Blackie thread talks about it and has a photo of it here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157346-big-blackie-the-build-43.html#post14608923