Bullnose Forums

C6 servo upgrade

Any of you guys tranny gurus? My c6 is fairly fresh but I'm looking to upgrade if possible. Currently I have a pink band modulator, S code servo, b&m street strip shift kit, not sure what code lever, B&m deep pan and a remanufactured Ford stock stall converter. Was thinking about an R code servo and a new converter at 2000 stall. Any suggestions? I'm not a tranny guy at all so this is new to me.

Angelo, I would get ahold of an ATRA manual and possibly parts list. ATRA probably has some drawings and specs on the C6 servo. I never needed to upgrade my C6, the C4 in my 1964 Falcon was another story.

For that one I ended up using a front band and servo for a 300 (yes they put them behind those torque monsters). I had started with a Hi-Po 289 setup, and modified the servo cover so the back side of the release area became the apply. When I was able to source a servo and cover for a 300 I used that as it was almost the same as what I built. The C6 has a relay lever, I do not know if there are different ratios for them, I do know that there used to be a case girdle for the C6 to keep the case from spreading under hard shifts. If you can find someone who drag races a C6, they can at least steer you in the right direction.

Good luck with it!

Angelo, I would get ahold of an ATRA manual and possibly parts list. ATRA probably has some drawings and specs on the C6 servo. I never needed to upgrade my C6, the C4 in my 1964 Falcon was another story.

For that one I ended up using a front band and servo for a 300 (yes they put them behind those torque monsters). I had started with a Hi-Po 289 setup, and modified the servo cover so the back side of the release area became the apply. When I was able to source a servo and cover for a 300 I used that as it was almost the same as what I built. The C6 has a relay lever, I do not know if there are different ratios for them, I do know that there used to be a case girdle for the C6 to keep the case from spreading under hard shifts. If you can find someone who drag races a C6, they can at least steer you in the right direction.

Good luck with it!

Awesome thank you. Yes the C6 levers have different ratios which is why matching is important. I think I will probably be ok since the spring was changed on my S code servo. My dads truck was originally a 300 with a C6. Mine shifts nice and firm but I figured while it was out it couldnt hurt. Thank you!