Bullnose Forums

Wiper Motor Repair Tutorial

Matt - See what you think now. I'm not terribly happy with the alignment of the pictures and the text, and expect you to want some changes. Just let me know and I'll sort it tomorrow.

Documentation/Electrical/Windshield Wipers

the alignments does need some work, depending on the device you are viewing on it looks different. this might have been my fault as i had to put lots of returns in my original post to get the text below the pictures, i've taken a couple of pictures of how it looks for me on my end.

Screenshot_20200517-123634_Samsung_Internet.thumb.jpg.6423f2b42723f152810c04c398a6472e.jpg20200517_123607.jpg.c02058b4350d58b07c223467ffb2020d.jpg

I think it looks perfect on the mobile version of the site but on the computer it is a bit off, ill let you decide how you would like to lay it out, i can send over the full size original pictures if you'd like?

the alignments does need some work, depending on the device you are viewing on it looks different. this might have been my fault as i had to put lots of returns in my original post to get the text below the pictures, i've taken a couple of pictures of how it looks for me on my end.

I think it looks perfect on the mobile version of the site but on the computer it is a bit off, ill let you decide how you would like to lay it out, i can send over the full size original pictures if you'd like?

I put the pics side-by-side with the text I thought went with them. But the mobile version doesn't support that, so they go serially. However, with the extra width of the PC's monitor they get put beside the text.

Do you want me to put the pics in-line, meaning just as you had them originally? I can do that and then there won't be much, if any, difference between mobile and PC. Yes?

As for the pics, I just snagged the ones from your post. But if you want to email the originals they might be better.

I put the pics side-by-side with the text I thought went with them. But the mobile version doesn't support that, so they go serially. However, with the extra width of the PC's monitor they get put beside the text.

Do you want me to put the pics in-line, meaning just as you had them originally? I can do that and then there won't be much, if any, difference between mobile and PC. Yes?

As for the pics, I just snagged the ones from your post. But if you want to email the originals they might be better.

I think having them serially would look better and make it easier to follow, but it's up to you.

I have emailed you the link to my google drive where I saved the pictures I used, let me know if it doesn't work

I think having them serially would look better and make it easier to follow, but it's up to you.

I have emailed you the link to my google drive where I saved the pictures I used, let me know if it doesn't work

I'll convert to serial and the link worked...... :nabble_anim_working:

I'll convert to serial and the link worked...... :nabble_anim_working:

Ok Matt, see what you think, please. There are lots of options on how large to make the pics and I can easily adjust them. So let me know what changes you'd like me to make. It is your "page".

Ok Matt, see what you think, please. There are lots of options on how large to make the pics and I can easily adjust them. So let me know what changes you'd like me to make. It is your "page".

I think that looks perfect! easy to follow and read. if anyone else has any suggestions then feel free to chime in!

I think that looks perfect! easy to follow and read. if anyone else has any suggestions then feel free to chime in!

Thanks for the write up! I have one "dead" motor that I think I kept. Going to open it up and see what's wrong with it.

These motors are getting hard to find in my area. Not too many bullnoses or Aerostars at the PickNPull.

Thanks for the write up! I have one "dead" motor that I think I kept. Going to open it up and see what's wrong with it.

These motors are getting hard to find in my area. Not too many bullnoses or Aerostars at the PickNPull.

No problem! Please post back your findings

No problem! Please post back your findings

Nice job!

I disassembled mine when I powdercoated it and I will say if you remove the large magnets inside the canister, they can be a pain to reinstall with the clips.

Good timing on this thread as mine had been working but just the other day it wouldn't turn off and the intermittent functionality didn't work. On mine though if I rotate the dial in just the right spot it will so thinking mine is just a bad switch. If that doesn't do it, I'll be following in your testing process.

• 3 years later...

Nice job!

I disassembled mine when I powdercoated it and I will say if you remove the large magnets inside the canister, they can be a pain to reinstall with the clips.

Good timing on this thread as mine had been working but just the other day it wouldn't turn off and the intermittent functionality didn't work. On mine though if I rotate the dial in just the right spot it will so thinking mine is just a bad switch. If that doesn't do it, I'll be following in your testing process.

Just used this to do mine, thanks for the great guide! Only thing I would add would be to clean the commutator while it's apart just in case.

Mine is an original Motorcraft and the two main assemblies were "sealed" together by some kind of crimping process or tack welds, I couldn't tell which. Anyway, just drilled them out and then I was able to pry it apart. Was smooth sailing after that.