Bullnose Forums

Marking on Bell Housing

sgauvry

I can't find anything that explains what that means. Sorry. :nabble_anim_confused:

No worries.

On another matter, I am uncertain about which harmonic balancer I should use. The rubber ring shows breakdown which explains why I think I should replace it.

All I know about the remanufactured engine at this time is the crankshaft specs at .040" over with a .010"/.010" crank.

Don't know if those specs alone provide enough information to select the correct balancer. I asked S&J (where I bought the engine) and the guy I spoke with recommended a 28 ounce balancer, but he had to ask someone else in the shop. That sent up a yellow flag for me.

Any information on how to select the correct balancer will be helpful.

Thanks!!

Steve

I can't find anything that explains what that means. Sorry. :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, I told him it was probably a vestige from way back in 1965 when the blocks were changed from 5 to 6 bolts on the back of the block. That would identify a 6 bolt housing as the C4, FMX and manual transmissions all had separate flywheel/converter housings.

Gary, I told him it was probably a vestige from way back in 1965 when the blocks were changed from 5 to 6 bolts on the back of the block. That would identify a 6 bolt housing as the C4, FMX and manual transmissions all had separate flywheel/converter housings.

Maybe so. Makes sense.