Bullnose Forums

1986 Diesel Instrument Cluster, 4sp for sale.

Oh GEEZE!!!!!

Thanks.

If you're looking to put a factory tach. in your truck and this is what you have so far. You could simply come up with the tach. head for a gas engine and take the cluster apart and reassemble with the correct parts. Use the gas tach. that you still need and the gasoline face plate from your original cluster and just make what you want. I've reconfigured these clusters numerous times, as long as your not dealing with any 1980 components, you're fine. It's hard to find clean lenses, at least where I am. Be very careful with the screws, especially on the way in. Work it by finger as best as you can to let the threads go back into the original holes. When you know you are back in the original hole switch to a manual driver. I would not use power of any description to prevent breakage. Fun project.

If you're looking to put a factory tach. in your truck and this is what you have so far. You could simply come up with the tach. head for a gas engine and take the cluster apart and reassemble with the correct parts. Use the gas tach. that you still need and the gasoline face plate from your original cluster and just make what you want. I've reconfigured these clusters numerous times, as long as your not dealing with any 1980 components, you're fine. It's hard to find clean lenses, at least where I am. Be very careful with the screws, especially on the way in. Work it by finger as best as you can to let the threads go back into the original holes. When you know you are back in the original hole switch to a manual driver. I would not use power of any description to prevent breakage. Fun project.

Just the lens [used; with trip meter] is $49.99 + $11.00 freight. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Instrument-Cluster-Lens-Trip-Tach-F100-150-250-350-OEM/124072084136?fits=Year%3A1980%7CMake%3AFord&epid=28036666470&hash=item1ce345c2a8:g:ym4AAOSwFHteOdKC

Rodeo thanks for the advice. Yes, this lens is super clean. Interesting idea about swapping tachs, great info. Actually I am going to kill the auction and look at that more closely. I LIKE IT! Thank you.

Rodeo thanks for the advice. Yes, this lens is super clean. Interesting idea about swapping tachs, great info. Actually I am going to kill the auction and look at that more closely. I LIKE IT! Thank you.

Well, I ended the auction, (sort of), while I figure this out.

One issue I need to look at is that my original cluster does not have a trip odometer. My truck has 67k miles so I need to keep that.

Nothing is simple but this is worth looking in to.

I'm thinking I might be able to swap out the ribbon and use it on my cluster, and get a gas tach.

At least now I have time to think.

Thanks.

Well, I ended the auction, (sort of), while I figure this out.

One issue I need to look at is that my original cluster does not have a trip odometer. My truck has 67k miles so I need to keep that.

Nothing is simple but this is worth looking in to.

I'm thinking I might be able to swap out the ribbon and use it on my cluster, and get a gas tach.

At least now I have time to think.

Thanks.

The tach clusters came with a speedo having both the standard odometer and a trip odo. You can easily swap that speedo into your cluster. And, we have the instructions on the site for adjusting the new odometer to your current odometer's reading.

The tach clusters came with a speedo having both the standard odometer and a trip odo. You can easily swap that speedo into your cluster. And, we have the instructions on the site for adjusting the new odometer to your current odometer's reading.

Oh wow, you are making this decision easier . .