Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Took it on a short drive today. Little less than 3/4 throttle chirped the tires 3 or 4 times rolling at 5mph. Didn't think that was too bad with an effective ratio of 2.64 with the rear end and tires. Seems pretty good. Can't wait to get it fully buttoned up and mess with the carb more and see what it really has. Here's a short video of it idling.

Cool!

ok ,ill ask, what cam is that???

It's a Comp XE266, 35-514-8.

Seems to be good so far. The gauge still reads high but it never pegs and I always see it move back and forth like it's cooling so. I need to fill it all the way just to be sure but I do believe it's high enough that it would leak out into the intake if it was a problem. Not sure about oil yet, I looked down into the valve cover and it looked a little milky but it hasn't been warmed up and flushed from the other nasty stuff too since I tried cranking it and sent that all throughout the block.

It's a Comp XE266, 35-514-8.

Seems to be good so far. The gauge still reads high but it never pegs and I always see it move back and forth like it's cooling so. I need to fill it all the way just to be sure but I do believe it's high enough that it would leak out into the intake if it was a problem. Not sure about oil yet, I looked down into the valve cover and it looked a little milky but it hasn't been warmed up and flushed from the other nasty stuff too since I tried cranking it and sent that all throughout the block.

change the oil before you ruin your new bearings

that cam sounds very similar to one in one of my trucks but mine is flat tappet 512 lift and 230 duration at .50. yours sounds 'open. what exhaust do you plan?

Planning on actually running for a bit and changing it again Sunday so it'll be nice and warm and get a lot more of the milk out tomorrow.. as for exhaust I'm planning on glasspacks and dumped after the rear axle. Have an appointment for next Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Planning on actually running for a bit and changing it again Sunday so it'll be nice and warm and get a lot more of the milk out tomorrow.. as for exhaust I'm planning on glasspacks and dumped after the rear axle. Have an appointment for next Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Sounds like a plan. Merry Christmas!!!

Sounds like a plan. Merry Christmas!!!

Well ran it for a bit and changed the oil, it didn't look bad. Idk if it burned some of the left over coolant/water off but looked decent. Took it on a drive to the nearby small town and picked up some distilled water and filled the radiator up all the way. Actually shut the radiator cap all the way to build pressure. Got it home and let it sit for a hour or two and all seems well. The level is right above where all the cooling fins are so pretty dang full. It may have spit some out or worked some air out on the way back. Not sure if I have a cooling problem at idle or what. Maybe I need a new radiator? Driving, the temp was in the middle like it should be. I just know that the last motor at the end kinda crept up at idle but didn't overheat and nothing in the engine bay was overly hot and the same with this one so. But all seems well, what power I have on tap now, no need to downshift on those hills anymore.

Well ran it for a bit and changed the oil, it didn't look bad. Idk if it burned some of the left over coolant/water off but looked decent. Took it on a drive to the nearby small town and picked up some distilled water and filled the radiator up all the way. Actually shut the radiator cap all the way to build pressure. Got it home and let it sit for a hour or two and all seems well. The level is right above where all the cooling fins are so pretty dang full. It may have spit some out or worked some air out on the way back. Not sure if I have a cooling problem at idle or what. Maybe I need a new radiator? Driving, the temp was in the middle like it should be. I just know that the last motor at the end kinda crept up at idle but didn't overheat and nothing in the engine bay was overly hot and the same with this one so. But all seems well, what power I have on tap now, no need to downshift on those hills anymore.

Excellent!!

I’ll bet you didn’t quite get it full. I find it almost impossible to do on the first several tries. So I keep adding a bit after it cools and eventually it’ll be full.

But anyway, congratulations!!!!